Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » i don't know whats up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i don't know whats up
Chise
Neophyte
Member # 9647

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Chise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been sexually active for five months, my boyfriend always uses a condom.

My period is a week late and i'm scared i might be pregnant. My cycle is about ever 30 - 34 days and it's been 40. i'm almost positive none of the condoms have ever broken. After sex there is usually a discharge that i always passed off as mine combined with extra lubraction.

is there anything i should be worried about?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're worried, then why not ease your mind by taking a pregnancy test? Being stressed out over a possible pregnancy can just serve to make your period even later. So it might be a good idea to just go ahead and test since your period is already late.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chise
Neophyte
Member # 9647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also forgot to ask if other things besides stress can affect your menstral cycle?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes...things like stress, significant eating habit changes, drastic weight loss/gain, etc. can delay a period.

Check out On the Rag for more information about your cycle!

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep.

Changes in diet or exercise or sleep are biggies. Getting ill, or taking new medications can also effect your cycles. And if your cycles haven't fully regulated yet, that too can still be adjusting.

I would suggest though, if you tend to often have cycles of 32 days and upwards that you check in with your GYN, just to make sure everything is kosher.

Posts: 67118 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chise
Neophyte
Member # 9647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you mean it's not good to have 32 day cycles? i've never asked anyone about it before.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don't mean that.

But if your cycles are starting to extend over 32 days, or longer and longer, you just want to make sure it IS normal and that something else isn't going on.

Posts: 67118 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.