Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Help... please... oh God...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help... please... oh God...
girlontv
Neophyte
Member # 11122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girlontv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm hyperventilating, I keep crying and I can't breathe.

Two weeks ago, my boyfriend went down on me. That was the first and only time that has happened. Last night, I went down on him - again, my first and only time in doing so. I've never had any sexual contact with any other person; his only experience was a brief one two years ago, during which he used a condom and didn't feel symptoms of any kind afterwards. Last night after I came home, I noticed a small sore on the outside of my vagina. There's only one and it's not open or bleeding; it's little and pink, it hurts when I touch it but basically it acts like a rather big pimple. I am terrified that he had a cold sore, went down on me, and gave me herpes - and then I gave it back to him. I'm SO SCARED. I'm going to tell him later today, but what am I going to DO? I can't exactly tell my mother. And I feel so dirty and stupid and I don't think anyone's ever going to want me ever again, not even him. And that was before I looked at the pictures, and now I can't breathe and I think I'm going to puke. I'd better just end this now. Help me...

Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, first of all: breathe.

We're not doctors, and we can't diagnose you over the net. So you'll need to see your doctor to find out what this is. It could just be a pimple - or it could be something else.

Since some STDs (including herpes) can be transmitted non-sexually, or can't be completely blocked by condoms, we can't rule out the possibility that this is an STD/STI of some kind (and if it is, then obviously your boyfriend will need to get tested and treated too).

But even if it is something like herpes, remember that's not a fate worse than death, and it doesn't make you "dirty" or "bad".

Plenty of people with incurable STDs such as herpes or HPV go on to have active and happy sex and love lives; it just means that you need to be totally honest with any partners and super-scrupulous about safer sex.

Whatever this turns out to be, check out Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To for future reference.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While logic_grrl gave you some excellent information I just thought I'd ring in and share.

This fall I also found a lump and like you went through various stages of panic. I think I came up with every possible (and not so possible) worst-case scenario and assumed that was what my body was doing.

I also called Planned Parenthood and had myself checked out. As it happened I had a mild infection that was fixed with just a week of antibiotics.

So, I hope things work out just as well for you. Get yourself checked out and read through the articles linked above. [hug]

<Edited to fix the link.>

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 01-05-2003).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepy
Neophyte
Member # 11415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other than what's been already said to you, I can't offer too too much but I'm thinking that there is a possibility that it could be an ingrown hair. Just another suggestion from the information that you gave. They are small, red, and painful.
But just in case, definitely go to the doctor and get checked out if you are really worried.
It really is the only way to know for sure.

------------------
That a boy, girl

Posts: 3 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sleepy, we appreciate your intentions - however, in the future, please refrain from answering other people's questions in Emergencies and Crises. It is intended for moderator answers only.
We do invite you to scroll down and check out our many other forums which carry a wealth of info and welcome user input on a variety of topics.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 01-12-2003).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.