Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried
Omoni
Neophyte
Member # 11367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well my boyfriend and I were fooling around, and we decided to not use a condom when we were having dry sex. In case there is unfamliarity, I was on him and he did not penetrate me inside, but his penis was between my vaginal lips, and we moved in a way in order to stimulate eachother. Usually we do this with a condom but this was the one time we did it without. I'm worried that I might have a risk of pregnancy, because I have been feeling ill for a few days. My period ended last week and a couple of days after it ended was when we did it. Am I at risk, or should I be okay?

------------------
"I would rather see the world from a different angle..."

--Jewel

Posts: 29 | From: Misssissuaga, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime you have genital to genital contact without any barrier (ie. condom), you have a pregnancy risk (no matter what part of your cycle you're in). Since your boyfriend's penis was in contact with your vulva unprotected, you both have a significant STD risk as well as your pregnancy risk. I'd suggest you both head to the doctor for a full STD screen and a pregnancy test.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omoni
Neophyte
Member # 11367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it likely to feel symptoms this soon? And my cycle has nothing to do with determining my risk, right?
Posts: 29 | From: Misssissuaga, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, your cycle has nothing to do with determing your risk. It's very very difficult to determine exactly when you're ovulating. To even have any idea, you'd have to have your period for more than 5 years, and have been charting your basal temperatures and cervical mucus for over a year. And even then, there's no guarentee that you will ovulate at exactly the same time. (Not to mention the fact that sperm can live in a hospitable environment like the vagina for up to 5 days!)

And as far as symptoms go...they are not a good way at all to determine pregnancy. Some women will notice no symptoms at all. And not all women have all the "typical pregnancy symptoms". And not all symptoms will occur at the same time for all women (ie. some women have morning sickness early on while others may not have it until much later).

------------------
KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omoni
Neophyte
Member # 11367

Oh, I forgot to add the most vital part. I'm slow tonight. He did not cum when he was there - the position didn't last very long, and we did 69 afterwards.
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Even without ejaculation you still have both the pregnancy and the STD risk.

Pre-ejaculate is released at various times during any erection. A man may not even notice it. It contains sperm and can certainly cause pregnancy.

------------------
KittenGoddess

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.