Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » what happens after sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what happens after sex?
perfectlyflawed
Neophyte
Member # 11255

Icon 5 posted      Profile for perfectlyflawed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi. im 17 and im on my second pack of the Pill and i lost my virginity to my boyfriend two days ago. we didnt use a condom because we ve talked about STDs and pregnancy was covered with the Pill. i also gave him multiple blow jobs..and he went down on me. and now im getting really bad lower abdomen pain..and im getting nervous about STDs and pregnancy. i just want to know what is "normal" after sex. am i supposed to see any changes? or physical differences? should i see a gynocologist now? or wait? im just really confused! id appreciate it if you could help me!!

------------------
-mon-

Posts: 19 | From: massachusetts usa | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There'd be no harm in seeing a gynecologist and asking for a full STD screen, as it's something ALL sexually active women should do regularily.

After you first have sex the effects you'll experience will be mostly emotional. You might feel happy, nervous, underwhelmed; any number of things, but symptoms of STDs and pregnancy do not tend to show up immediately. Chances are you're worried, and that's what's causing you to feel ill. So, call up a gyn or sexual health clinic (look up Planned Parenthood or Clinics in your phonebook), consider using condoms if just for peace of mind, and relax, because when you're taking care of your health (and his) you're doing the right thing.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

I want a boy for my birthday . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a reminder: talking about STDs and STIs offers NO STD or STI protection. talking is what you do before you start using safer sex practices, if you do not wish to transmit or contract infection or disease.

Secondly, being sexually active does not cause any physical changes to your body unless you become pregnant or transmit or contract infection or disease.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.