Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I'm really concerned about a friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm really concerned about a friend
Mulysa
Neophyte
Member # 11262

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mulysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Mulysa (edited 01-03-2003).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you define the difference between 'having sex' and 'making love'? Physically, they're the same, I'm guessing, but are you trying to attach different emotions or dignificance to sexual acts at different times? I'm confused.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

I want a boy for my birthday . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sounds to me that you and your boyfriend are not on the same page in terms of what you are ready to do sexually.

You love your boyfriend, and I'm sure he loves you too, but it really sounds like he's not ready for sexual activity. Love is not the only thing that makes a person ready for sex. It doesn't sound like he intended for your lovemaking to not contain love. To know this for sure, ask him what his feelings are. He could very well love you more than life itself, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other feelings about sex. By that, I mean he's probably worried that having sex outside of marriage (and masturbation for that matter) is sinful or dirty, and that's really what's bothering him.

If this is the case, you need to respect his feelings if you don't want your boyfriend to continue feeling guilty or awful. Understand that he probably does love you, but he's simply not ready to be having sex right now. Not till he can reconcile his feelings towards what is and isn't appropriate sexual activity. He could be ready later on, though, so hold on hope.

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mulysa:

Please don't delete or edit a thread so that it is in a different format even after it's been answered. Other users may want to know the answer but can't because it's not there!

Thanks.

------------------
"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." -Mother Teresa

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -Theodore Rubin

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for the folks at home, Mulysa asked the following question (not quoted, but paraphrased):

My boyfriend and I make love, but he says that sex and masturbation make him feel really bad about himself. Now I'm upset because it seems like our lovemaking isn't really lovemaking if he's not enjoying it.

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mulysa
Neophyte
Member # 11262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mulysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, well not exactly but good job twisting my words. My boyfriend feels awful/disgusting/dirty after we make love, he masterbates, or any other sexual act, as he has felt this way since he was a young lad. I'm worried about him because i want him to be able to feel pleasure and because i know this is unhealthy. I deleted my post because the responses that i got did not answer my question at all, but told me things that i already knew and made me seem like i'm asking this for my benefit. So i asked my therapist and i'm taking him to see her next week. Thank you ladies, but next time take my words at face value please.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, Mulysa.

The advocates and sexperts are here to help you. Milke and Gumdrop Girl were only trying to be helpful; they weren't trying to state obvious answers.

If you weren't getting the answers you wanted, why did you delete your post? Next time if you don't get the response you wanted try being more specific and explaining to us what type of response you're looking for.

I was the one who asked you not to delete your post, and Gumdrop Girl was the one who clarified it. She told me what you had posted since it had been deleted and she was trying to help fellow readers.

Lastly, if you have a problem with Scarleteen, please eMail info@scarleteen.com . Thank you.

------------------
"A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ." -John Steinbeck

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -Maya Angelou

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-04-2003).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, dear, since your post was rather confusing, I asked you to clarify it so I could try to make something of it. We try to be helpful and sensitive, but we need your cooperation too.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

I want a boy for my birthday . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.