Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pre cum scare!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pre cum scare!
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 11 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, my boyfriend and I are both virigns (and plan to stay that way for a while) but about 5 days ago, we were playing around naked. He was kissing my chest while masturbating himself. He didnt have an orgasm or ejactulate. After about a minute of this, he started to rub my vagina a little. I am worried that if this was the hand that he was masturbating himself with, could it have gotten pre cum on it?! And if so, could I be pregnant?!?! My stomach is queasy (from worrying so much) and I am acting awfully paranoid! I am due to have my period in about 7-10 days, but I am freaking out!!!! PLEASE HELP!
Posts: 49 | From: Florida baby!! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if his hand was on his penis and then went directly to your vulva, yes, you would then have both a pregnancy and an STI risk. So, it is valid to be concerned.

However, at this point, it's not valid to worry because there isn't a thing you can do as you've passed the timeline for emergency contraception, and you can't really take an accurate pregnancy test for at least another 5-7 days, and ideally, until your first missed period.

So. Plan to do that then, and plan to get STI tests for both of you soon as well. maybe in the meantime you guys can also spend some time going out to get some condoms and latex gloves? It's one thing to decide not to have intercourse, it's another to let that decision leave you unprepared for anything else, including activities that are just as risky.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice. If I do get my period and it seems normal, do you think that I have any reason to still worry about being pregnant? I mean, i've always been told that pre cum can't contain sperm if the guy has urinated since his last ejaculation, thus flushing all of the stray sperm out of the guy's urethra. And I have also heard that it is rare that pregnancy can occur from pre cum, especially if it is just being rubbed around the vulva or vagina and not being thrusted in. Thanks for your time and I'm sorry for the long responses, I'm just freaking out. Thanks for all of your time!
Posts: 49 | From: Florida baby!! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is LESS likely to happen from pre-ejaculate than ejaculate due to there being less sperm yes. urinating may or may not make a difference, as it just isn't quite that simple.

Really, how big the risk is has less to do with ejaculate or how deep contact was than it does with when you are most fertile, something you aren't likely to know unless your cycles have fully regulated AND you've been charting carefully for a while, for at least your cervical mucus and your menses.

if you do get your period and it seems normal, than yes, you are unlikely to have to worry about being pregnant. That still leaves STIs unaccounted for and it still would be a Very Good Idea to get in the practice of having this sort of contact safely.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 7 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the site where I read about the urinating/ pre cum thing:
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0922.html

I thought it was interesting, but anyway... thank you so much for your time! You have put my mind at a ease until my period comes around. Thank you so much for talking with me. Ill update once I figure out what is up. Thanks again!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.