Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I need advice please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need advice please
Mirime
Neophyte
Member # 10556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I am really worried about my best friend. He told me a few weeks ago that he has been getting bad headaches and nosebleeds. He wont go to the doctor tho, I have tried so many times to get him to go, he just comes out with some rubbish answer like "yeah, maybe next week". I dont know what to do, I'm pretty sure nosebleeds and headaches are a bad thing!! Thanks
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunatly, there is nothinng you can do unless you ARE a doctor and can check him out yourself.

Yes, constant headaches and nosebleeds are potentially the sign of something serious. But you can't force a friend to go to the doctor. The best advice I could give you is to say something to the tun of, "LOok. I love you and I care for you and I'm terribly worried about you and can't be as dismissive of your health as you are. So, if you can't go to the doctor for your own good, please just have a visit for me."

And if he won't, he won't. It's terrible if he won't and this has been going on and continues, but you are limited in what you can do (save maybe hinting to his parents as well that he has been reporting these symptoms, or dragging him tino the school nurse forcibly).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.