Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » If I'm a virgin can I get Pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If I'm a virgin can I get Pregnant
jallen
Neophyte
Member # 11014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jallen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I am a virgin and I engage in oral sexual activity and I'm late for my period and am having all the symptoms of being pregnant could I be?? I am very careful about cleaning up after my bf and I take turns on eachother but I am scared and would like to know if it is possible to be pregnant? Thanks
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy can only occur if you've got semen on your vulva and/or in your vagina. The digestive tract and reproductive system just don't connect, so you cannot get pregnant from oral sex.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Sweet Loretta Martin thought she was a woman
But she was another man
All the girls around her say she's got it coming
But she gets it while she can

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you cannot get pregnant by swallowing sperm. however, you can pass around a host of diseases not limited to HIV, gonorrhea (it can infect your throat, and that's never pretty), herpes (1 in 3 persons has oral herpes and probably didn't get it via sex, but can pass it to sexual partners' genitals during oral sex) and a few others.

use a condom during blow jobs. a little lube on the inside and it'll still feel great and it's safer for the both of you.

as for pregnancy symptoms, the only real, surefire way to know if you're pregnant is to take a home preg. test. backaches and nausea can be caused by bad chili.

and the way a woman gets pregnant is by getting sperm onto her genitals and into her reproductive tract. swallowing sperm won't do it unless you drooled so much that it got all over your vulva or something.

anyway, it's a good idea to get screened for STDs (why would you ever want to cut corners about oyur health?). Then get some condoms and flavored lube.

here are a bunch of threads about fun, safety and oral sex. if you read them, they'll help you out bunches.
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000058.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000009.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000045.html

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.