Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » PLEASE HELP ME A.S.A.P

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME A.S.A.P
Member # 10255

Icon 4 posted      Profile for omgineedhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last night me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex(it was my first time ever having sex)he didnt have a really scared i may be pregnant? i dont start my period for 10 more days, is there a certain time period where u are most likely to get pregnant or what? whats the risk of me being pregnant.... im SOOO scared im only 16 help me!!!! please~ A.S.A.P
Posts: 2 | From: georgia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call your local Planned Parenthood NOW (they'll be in the phonebook), and get emergency contraception. It's the simplest and most effective thing you can do.

Milke, SSBD

Hang on to your ego . . .

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 10-13-2002).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Planned Parenthood of Georgia--phone numbers and locations available

For a little more information about Emergency Contraception, read the following two articles
Emergency Contraception Am I pregnant?

EC is very effective, and the sooner you get it, the better. So make that phone call right away. Good luck!

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please also remember that some STDs and STIs are epidemic in young people right now, and that statistically speaking you are MORE likely to contract or transmit an STD or STI than you are to become pregnant. If you think it can never happen to you, you're terribly mistaken.

So, be sure to also get STD and STI screenings in the next month as well, and in the future, please learn to practice safer sex with your partner.

Because, as stated on an embroidered pillow of a gynecologist known by a friend of mine, "Love fades in time, but Herpes is forever."

Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zyxzyxzyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem as you do. I still have about 10 days until my period and I am worried about what will happen. I am completely stressed out and freaking. If you have any advice on how to calm me down or something, let me know. Otherwise, I am here if you need to talk.
Posts: 3 | From: madison, wi usa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
zyxzyxzyx, scroll up and follow the advice we gave omgineedhelp. go to the emergency room and get emergency contraception. worrying won't help you now, but get your head on straight for a minute and take care of business. get the emergency cotnraception. and on the way back from the emergency room (because PP and clinics will be closed for Xmas) get condoms and water-based lube. learn how to use them.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.