Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Chances of pregnancy.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chances of pregnancy.....
ILJDS329
Neophyte
Member # 9896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILJDS329     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I have been sexually active for about 3 months. She used to be really irregular with her period, skipping every once and a while. Everytime we've had sex, we've used Trojan condoms with spermicide. Last month she was about 7 days late. This month she is going on 12 days late, We are both getting nervous so I would like to know what are the chances of her actually being pregnant?
Posts: 3 | From: VA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you used a condom correctly from beginning to end (and it sounds like you did),and did not have any accidents (breaking, tearing) then your chances for pregnancy are low (but still there). If her period is this late, then she can take a pregnancy test and have the results be accurate. I'd suggest that she take a pregnancy test, and you both go from there.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
It's time for your partner to use a home pregnancy test to see if she's pregnant or not (see here for a bit more info about HPTs)

When used correctly, condoms have a failure rate of about 2%, but really, a home pregnancy test is in order to quickly find out whether you're pregnant. Also, we at Scarleteen don't recommend spermicide nor Trojan condoms--spermicides can irritate genital tissues and increase chances of STD transmission. Plus, if the condom breaks, one still cannot rely on spermicide (which is a detergent-like substance) to kill all the sprem. Also, we feel that Trojans are a bit inferior to many other easily accesible brands, such as Lifestyles and Durex. (more info on good condoms

So get that pregnancy test, and perhaps consider pairing condoms up with another form of birth control.
Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.