Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » scared....is something wrong??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared....is something wrong??
innocentone
Neophyte
Member # 10866

Icon 11 posted      Profile for innocentone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had my period for over 3 years now...and it has NEVER been regular. but, the main problem is that I will have it for months just fine, but then I will skip for 2 or 3. It's very strange and annoying, b/c I'm always on edge and nervous that it's just going to pop in whenever it wants to. Is there some reason (or problem) of why it "disappears" on me like this???
Posts: 7 | From: Indiana, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods can be irregular for any number of reasons, and your cycle will most likely change as you continue to get older. It's most likely nothing to worry about.

If you are concerned, you can ask your doctor about it at your next checkup, or schedule an appointment with a gynecologist. It's important to get regular sexual health care, so don't be afraid to make an appointment to ask if you're really worried.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilacvase
Neophyte
Member # 11048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilacvase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is all your body's decision. It is just the way of your menstruation throughout your life. If you are a young woman or under the age of 20, yes this is completely normal.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lilac, only Sexperts or Advocates are to answer questions in this forum.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Where are my goddamned pants?
BD,SA

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.