Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Fingering and Dry Humping....Pregnancy Risks?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering and Dry Humping....Pregnancy Risks?
Alice25
Neophyte
Member # 110548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I have kind of been freaking out over the last few days. About a little over a month ago, I was fooling around with this guy at college before the summer started. I've been on birth control for over a year now and I switched brands from Lutera to Yaz because I had a very light period on Lutera, which I didn't like. So I've been on Yaz for a while and I used to always take my pill at the same exact time, never taking it before or beyond 5 minutes early or late. Well when my ex boyfriend and I broke up and I stopped having sex (which was always protected), I got a little lazy taking my birth control at the same exact time. The longest I went taking it after the time I was supposed to was 5 hours. So I fooled around with this guy a few times before the summer started. We did not have penetrated sex, but he did finger me a bunch of times and we dry humped a lot. When we were dry humping he had his underwear on and I had mine off. I think he might have had a tiny bit of precum on his boxers when we were dry humping. That concerned me a little bit. Also, there were 1 or 2 times when he fingered me after he had ejaculated via me giving him a hand job (so far away (either on himself or the bed sheets)from my vagina that none of it got on me). After he ejaculated both times, he wiped all of his ejaculation fluids off of himself and off of his hands with a towel or paper towels. I did the same. I might just be paranoid, but could I have gotten pregnant by him fingering me even if he did wipe down his hands? Or could the dry humping have been enough? And was my birth control not as effective? Oh, and I did have a withdrawal bleed roughly a week after the last encounter at the right time. I didn't notice anything different about it except that it might have been a tad heavier than normal. I'm kind of paranoid that I could somehow still be pregnant and it would be really nice if I had information that seemed a little more reliable than some of the websites I have visited about this stuff. Thanks!
Posts: 5 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice25
Neophyte
Member # 110548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And when I say the longest I've gone is 5 hours past the time I'm supposed to take my birth control, I mean that I have always taken my pill every day. There was only one time when I was technically considered "late" taking it but it was during the months when I was sexually inactive and I have never technically "missed" a pill during the entire time I have been taking birth control. I also know that after going through this probably overly paranoid worry, I don't think I'm ready to engage myself in sexual activities that might pose pregnancy or std risks again. I went through it last year with my ex and I easily get anxious about things. At least I know that I'm not comfortable with this stuff as much as I thought I was especially since I wasn't in a relationship. Anyway, any feedback at all is much appreciated!
Posts: 5 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alice! This Is Your Pregnancy Scare Answer.

You may also want to check out these articles:
Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)
Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)
How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.