Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Am I right??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I right??
Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silent29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is just impossible but for some reason i think there is a little bit of a possibility.. If a person have sex using a condom but doesn't ejaculate what so ever there is no risk of pregnancy right?
Posts: 56 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silent29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or pre ejaculates
Posts: 56 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

Or pre ejaculates
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Heather said back in this thread: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/21/t/002332/p/1.html#000004 with you, there is a very small risk.

Is this something that's worrying you in your own life? If so, would you like to talk about why, or about perhaps choosing only to do things that truly have zero pregnancy risk?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

Yes in a way it is. I know direct genital to genital contact can cause pregnancy.. But what if a condom is used correctly during intercourse and there is no ejaculate could that produce a pregnancy?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please read through the thread I just linked you to, as that has the answer to your question.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

So it's no risk since there was no ejaculate and a condom was used for all genital contact and didn't fail/break.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

No, that is not what it says in that thread.

You asked:
quote:
if a person having sex uses a condom but withdrawals to ejaculate there's no pregnancy risk? Since the condom was used correctly and used during all genital to genital contact and there was no condom failure..
Heather said:
quote:
We can't say that, because NO method of contraception, or any combined method is 100% effective (and effectiveness ratings are not figured per use, but per a year of use).

If people want NO risk of pregnancy, none at all, not even the teeniest, tiniest one, then the only way to get that is not to engage in the kinds of sex -- namely intercourse -- that present pregnancy risks.

You said
quote:
so with perfect use and withdrawl its 99.92 effective, so why isn't it 100% effective in perfect use?
and Heather said
quote:
NO method or combined methods are 100% effective over one year for all users, which is how effectiveness ratings are compiled.

That's because even if and when we use any given method properly, to the letter, even, that still does not mean they cannot fail. It just means that, with most methods, they are very unlikely to.

[...] if and when someone wants 0% risk of pregnancy, the only way to get that is by not having the kinds of sex that present pregnancy risks.

--------------------

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Also, I said in my first reply in this thread that there is a very small risk.

If you want to have only the kinds of sex that have No risk of pregnancy, we can talk with you about how you can do that.

--------------------

Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

Oh ok. The reason it's not 100% is because of improper use, breakage, and failure. But chances are small. And I'm sorry i didn't mean to say no risk I meant slim/small. I didn't want to bump my question.
Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

And yes i would like to talk about the kinds of sex that do not pose a pregnancy risk.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

There's a list of activities which have no pregnancy risk here: NO Pregnancy Risks

Are any of those already a part of your sexual life, and things you enjoy?

--------------------

Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

Yes. They are.
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, if you want to eliminate any worry about pregnancy, you and your partner could just stick to those no-risk activities. Maybe that's something the two of you could talk about so you're both on the same page about it.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent29
Activist
Member # 108520

I will discuss it with him.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.