Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pain during sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain during sex
The dudekowsky
Neophyte
Member # 110087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The dudekowsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this big doubt about this, my gf have this pain when we start the sexual relationship, when I introduce my penis, she feels this pain, at the very beginning of the intercourse, so I tried to introduce my penis very slow and careful, she still have this pain, so she went to a doctor and detect an infection, she was on treatment and it's now over. We try having sex again and she still this pain, but she said that it's bearable and normal because she's not used to it. She isn't virgin, so I asked about the previous relationships and she don't Remember, is it normal then, this pain she feels? I'm worried about her and this pain of hers. Hope You can help me. Thanks!

--------------------
Damn right! Science bitch

Posts: 2 | From: Usa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards. [Smile]

Have you started by taking a look at this piece: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse?

This one may also come in handy: Let's Get Metaphysical: The Etiquette of Entry

Also, if she had an infection, did you also see your doctor to be screened to be sure you do not have one? If not, you will want to do that, both for your own health, but also to be sure you are not passing something back and forth which may keep her in pain or keep contributing to it. If you do not already use condoms, that's also important when it comes to preventing infections.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The dudekowsky
Neophyte
Member # 110087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The dudekowsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks... So I supose that the pain it's a little bit normal, guess she needs more lube [Smile]

--------------------
Damn right! Science bitch

Posts: 2 | From: Usa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would not call pain normal, save that it is common, particularly since it is common, particularly for young, heterosexual women, to wind up in sexual situations where pain is likely, and for them - and their partners - to either not know how to prevent it, or for those young women not to speak up about what they need.

For instance, as one of those pieces talked about, it is very common for folks to be hasty about getting to vaginal entry rather than taking the time with other activities that feel really good and get young women much more turned on BEFORE doing anything that involves entry. Or common for young people not to realize that most of the time, if the start of intercourse hurts, it means it is time to go back to doing more of those other activities because the receptive partner obviously is not all the way there yet. A lot of things, but pain really should NOT be happening, and while lubrication is for sure part of the picture, it is not all there is to it.

I would be happy to troubleshoot this more with you, if you like. To do that, I would just need to have a better idea of how this is going, particularly what is happening before intercourse, including how much your partner, for herself, really even wants intercourse at the times she is having pain. It would also be helpful to know what infection she recently had.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.