Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can you get a girl pregnant if the condom doesn't break?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you get a girl pregnant if the condom doesn't break?
Khigh402
Neophyte
Member # 109626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khigh402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is weird but my girlfriend and I have sex. She is not on bc so I always use condoms start to finish. None have broke leaked or had any holes. I always pull out right after ejaculation. My girlfriend says she gets her period every 28 days. She is one day late right now. Is pregnancy something to worry about? Or do periods randomly change? Can u get a girl pregnant using a condom correctly if it doesn't break? I can't even imagine any precum was on my fingers when I put the condom on. Thank you in advance

--------------------
Thanks

Posts: 6 | From: Reading | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A period being one day off doesn't really count as late. However, it is totally normal for periods to vary in terms of when they arrive, and you can read more about that here:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

If you've been using the condom consistently and correctly, (which it sounds like you have) then the chances of pregnancy are extremely, extremely low

[ 02-19-2014, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khigh402
Neophyte
Member # 109626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khigh402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read your info. And I am reading that even if there was precum on my hand while putting on the condom there is still no risk am I reading that right?

--------------------
Thanks

Posts: 6 | From: Reading | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's correct.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khigh402
Neophyte
Member # 109626

So I really have nothing to worry about even though she's one day late and says that never happens. Can u try reposting the article above. It isn't allowing me to load it to read it

--------------------
Thanks

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Since the condoms were used correctly and didn't break or come off, then you can assume the condom did its job. Again, it is totally normal for people's periods to vary (even if they have a fairly regular cycle).

Here, see if this works:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

If not, you can go to the main Scarleteen site and search the title, and read the article from there.

I would also look at this article for future reference, if using condoms isn't enough protection to make you feel comfortable:
The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.