Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » confused about birthcontrol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused about birthcontrol
Archie2415
Neophyte
Member # 109318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie2415     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex last friday, the guy used a condom and i had just started my birthcontrol. He made me take Plan B, but I didn't get my period. I stopped the pill the following thursday.Is there anyway I could have gotten pregnant from him?

--------------------
Archie2415

Posts: 2 | From: stockton, CA | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

We ask all users asking about pregnancy risk to read this first: http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000

Keep in mind that one of the side effects of Plan B is that it can create irregular periods, so people who take it often find that their period does not come when they are expecting it.

[ 01-15-2014, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, Archie, just want to make sure you know that no-one should be "making" you take emergency contraception - like anything else with your body, that choice is entirely yours. Was taking EC something that you wanted to do, or did you feel pushed into it? If anything that happened with this guy, or anything he did, doesn't feel quite ok to you, we'd be very happy to talk about that with you.

As you started and stopped taking the pill so close together, do you have any concerns about the pill or contraception that you'd like to talk about, or do you need any information?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.