Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Fingering + probably dry precum = pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering + probably dry precum = pregnancy
Scared N. Confused
Neophyte
Member # 109215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scared N. Confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am technically a virgin. However two weeks ago I was about to get fingered for the first time. My boyfriend asked where my vagina was and I pointed it out. This was after giving him a hand job where he only had precum. My hands were seemingly dry but I'm still freaked out. I am due for my period in a couple of days, but before this it has come 25 days into my cycle and now it's day 27. I took Plan B even though it probably won't work for a person of my weight. I have cramps and sore breasts like I always get before a period, but I'm still worried. Although I'm a legal adult, I'm still supported by my parents who are religious and would freak out if that knew what I have been doing with my boyfriend. I feel like I have nobody with whom I can talk openly about things like this.
Posts: 8 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so lonely and scared. To start with, I am going to link you to an article where you can assess your risk: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

We'll also be happy to help you educate yourself on use of birth control, so you can minimize your risk moving forward.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scared N. Confused
Neophyte
Member # 109215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scared N. Confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm aware of the risks, but I accidentally touched myself after touching him. I'm aware of the risks fingering carries, but I thought that if my hands were dry then touching myself just outside my vagina would pose little risk. I'm scared to death of anything that can pose a pregnancy risk. In just wondering that if my hands were dry if there is something I should worry about.
Posts: 8 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scared N. Confused
Neophyte
Member # 109215

I'm aware of the risks, but I accidentally touched myself after touching him. I'm aware of the risks fingering carries, but I thought that if my hands were dry then touching myself just outside my vagina would pose little risk. I'm scared to death of anything that can pose a pregnancy or STI risk. I'm just wondering that if my hands were dry if there is something I should worry about.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scared, pleae do read the link, first. If there is anything specific in the article that does not make sense to you, you can point it out to us and we'll be happy to explain it.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scared N. Confused
Neophyte
Member # 109215

I have read this, but I still don't understand how this answers my question. I have known that dry semen means the sperm are probably not viable. I know that cunnilingus is a risk as well. But I am still scared. I am scared of possible HSV1 exposure, pregnancy from accidentally touching myself with the hand that I used for the hand job although probably dry. I don't know for sure if Planned Parenthood would do anything without notifying my insurance, thus my parents would know.
Scared N. Confused
Neophyte
Member # 109215

Also, I might have previously had cold sores from what I read that lowers the risk of it affecting the genitals. Also my boyfriend is a virgin as well.
Scared N. Confused
Neophyte
Member # 109215

He claims that he did not have a cold sore at the time either.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Alright, so you know that there is no pregnancy risk from possible transfer of pre-cum in the way that you described.

If you are worried about STI transmission, the place to start is to have both you and your partner get tested. Clinics like Planned Parenthood will see you without insurance, so your parents will not have to find out if you do not want them to.

In addition to that, you will want to start using protection. Condoms for all genital contact help reduce the risk of STI transmission.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.