Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Counslers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Counslers
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PandaLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What type of counslers can I talk to about my issue I am having with non consenual sex? I really feel the need to talk about the whole thing in detail.Also I have one last question about hpv, if someone touches there genitals (fingering) and then touches themselves is that a low risk of getting hpv or high risk. I don't remember that much but I can recall an incident when the guy touched himself and then touched me. Everything was dry though.
Posts: 59 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PandaLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If someone touches someones genitals and then touches themselves is that a low risk or high risk? I can't really remember if this happend but I keep getting a vague picture of this happening thats why I want to know. Also is wrong if everyday I can't remember the non consenual sex but I still feel sick and I still have anxiety attacks from it.
Posts: 59 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best person to talk to about dealing with the effects of non-consensual sex is someone from a rape crisis center. If you are in college, you may have a crisis couneling center on campus. If not, you can still talk to the counseling services there and ask if they can recommend someone to you. If you are not in college, you can use our Find-A-Doc service: Find-a-Doc, or the search tool on RAINN.org: http://centers.rainn.org/

As for your other question, you can read up on HPV transmission here: The STI Files: Human Papillomavirus (HPV). But I also do not think it is very productive for you to keep worrying about this right now. It sounds to me like you have likely not had a risk, an that this anxiety is another expression of your feeling of upset over this situation. Does that sound right to you?

I can't recall if we have linked you to this article before, but I think it may help you a little to take care of yourself right now and try to dial down the anxiety a little: Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

I think I'm trying to make myself feel better sbout the whole thing in trying to make myself feel like nothing is wrong. I have read the article on STI's. It says fingering is a low risk but it doesn't really specify on if fingering someone and then touching yourself is a risk so thats why I asked. AlsoI think I'm having anxiety attacks because I'm scared about what will happen at the doctors and how everything will unravel after that. If I did have my doctors appointment sooner than I think I would feel better about everything. I'm just worried about my health and maybe by having these anxiety attacks about other things that have to deal with it is trying to help me not think about the non consenual sex because I don't want to believe that it happend but it did.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.