Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Important Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Important Question
Nay
Neophyte
Member # 74043

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My period is now 29 day late (I know I am not pregnant I took a test) I have basically everyday for the past 2 weeks have had symptoms that my period would come (back ache, stomach cramps, ect..) I have been almost positive it would come when I get all these cramps but never does. Is this normal? I cant goto the doctor because I have no income and no Insurance. I am just worried i'll never be able to actually get pregnant now when it comes the time I want to. like my period if permanently gone since its never been this late which I know sounds stupid. I didn't take the pregnancy test till I was 18 days late so I was pretty stressed prior to that. But in the past when I was stressing from being late I would take a test, see its negative and the next day get my period since I was no longer stressed. I am just worried something could be wrong with me.

Also I am 19 and have never really had a set monthly cycle. But my period has never been more than 17 days late in the past. now it going on to a month late it is really worrying me. (again I know for sure I am not pregnant)

Posts: 26 | From: NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes periods are late or missed altogether. That can be worrying, especially if it has not happened to you before, but it is not all that unusual. It is not always possible to figure out why that happens, but here is a list of some possible reasons: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Since you have ruled out pregnancy here, I'd suggest you try to relax and focus on other things. If you miss next month's period, too, however, it would not be a bad idea to speak to a doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.