Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Concerned and Unsure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerned and Unsure
KJK2
Activist
Member # 104647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJK2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted on here earlier about missing my period. I had sex November 15th, but with a condom and I take birthcontrol. I did not take any pills more than half an hour than my regular time that month. I took your advice and took a pregnancy test November 27th and the results turned out negative.

I started my new birth control pack as normal on the 26th, eventhough I had missed my period. I had sex with a condom and taking the pills on the 28th and 29th. I've been taking all the pills at the same time. Yesterday I started having brown stringy discharge and today it's bright red and enough to soak a little into the tampon (not fully though). I've had PMS symptoms.

Through all the information I know my risk is very small with using the pill and condom and I know the perfect use of the pill has the full effectiveness. Also I know implantation bleeding is very uncommon.

My question is could this be my period? And I would be protected even on my third pill of my next pack since I didn't miss any pills in the previous correct?

--------------------
KJK2

Posts: 85 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi KJK2,

I would say that if it looks like your period and feels like your period, then it is probably your period.

And yes, as long as you take the pills according to the instructions, you will still be protected
(plus, it sounds like you have been consistently and correctly using condoms, which means you will be doubly protected)

Posts: 950 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.