Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Pregnancy Scares.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Could she be pregnant?

Author Topic: Could she be pregnant?
forrestgump_123
Neophyte
Member # 108955

Icon 11 posted      Profile for forrestgump_123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend who is 16, for the past few months has been getting her period as per usual, 2 months ago on the 11th and last month on the 16th which is normal as she has irregular, since her last period the only things we did were, we dry humped (she was wearing no clothes, i had underwear and shorts on) and no semen was involved, and also ive been fingering her, no semen involved. Maybe little to no precum but if it had have been noticed id have wiped it away. anyway its the 25th now the last period was as i said the 16th of last month, she has had one or 2 signs of period but could she be pregnant? i heard implantation bleeding and pregnancy are the same as PMS and getting signs for periods, she has also been stressed about school etc, upset for personal reasons and other things could the stress have knocked her periods a bit off track, shes not worried its pregnancy but im worried and i dont want to worry her by saying it, am i worrying for nothing or could she be pregnant?, thanks.
Posts: 6 | From: ireland | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only sound answer to this is for someone to take a pregnancy test.

By all means, regular periods make very clear someone is not pregnant, and it doesn't sound like this one is actually late, looking at the dates of her last two periods. As well, people cannot become pregnant when one partner is dressed. Lastly, pregnancy by no means feels or is just like periods, especially as the months go on, and implantation bleeding, which is rare, anyway, is one-time, brief, light spotting, not like periods.

But if her period isn't enough for her to feel clear she is not pregnant, then a pregnancy test is her next step..

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forrestgump_123
Neophyte
Member # 108955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forrestgump_123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks, she said shes not worried she thinks everythings going to be okay im just worried, because i didnt know if these things could actually pose a pregnancy risk, do you think i should be worried, we dont really have access to pregnancy tests we live a bit far away from the chemist and also its too risky that id be caught buying one same with her, thats why im very worried..
Posts: 6 | From: ireland | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, what you have described is not how pregnancy happens. But since you don't feel, obviously, well informed about that yet, and are so worried, I would suggest stepping back from those kinds of sex until you can take the time to get more informed, and then figure out what you really are or are not comfortable with.

Same goes for not feeling able to do things for yourselves at times like these, like getting a pregnancy test when you want or need one. That says to me you are moving faster than makes sense with your own pace and what you are really ready for, you know?

[ 11-25-2013, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.