Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I don't know what is wrong with him!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what is wrong with him!
crimsonsunset
Neophyte
Member # 93280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crimsonsunset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been seeing this guy for about 2 months now, going through very good patches but also very bad. There has been a few times when I've said to myself to give up on him but then he sweet talks me and I stupidly believe he cares and that everything is ok. I've liked him for a lot longer than we have been seeing each other and he is literally my perfect guy.

Then on Sunday, he texts me (he never texts me first) asking what I was doing on Thursday. And basically says he wants to see me. I get ridiculously happy about this cos we never really hang out unless we see each other out in our student's union and go home with each other, so I was pleased that he actually wanted to see me properly, which is all I've ever wanted him to do.

So we text for about 5 hours non stop on sunday evening, he tweets me a few times on monday, texting again on tuesday, and then we make proper plans on wednesday. He asks if I want to go out somewhere for dinner (I was NOT expecting this, I just thought he'd ask me to come round and watch a film) so we decide to go out to this place and he'll pick me up at 7.

The whole time I kept thinking how unlike him this was, cos he's never mentioned taking me out properly before and he says he NEVER plans anything so I actually thought that he wanted to see me and treat me better.

Then yesterday at 4:30 I get a text saying 'hey, got an email from a prospective company for a job and they want to meet me at 7, so can we reschedule? [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] '

I reply pretty quickly saying 'oh that's a shame but yeah we can reschedule. hows saturday for you?'

And he doesn't reply. I see him logged in on facebook and he still hasn't replied. So at about 11pm I text 'did your meeting go ok? and don't worry about having to reschedule we'll go soon [Smile] ' and he didn't reply to that either. He has purposely ignored my texts.

I really do not understand why he would do this! If he didn't really want to see me then why go to all this effort to make plans with me? None of it was my idea it was all on him, and then he cancels and ignores my texts. I don't get it.

What do you think I should do now? And do you have any idea about why he would ignore my texts after we'd been getting on so well?

Posts: 4 | From: nyc | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't know him or anything about this relationship on the whole, so I don't think we could hazard any sound guesses about why he made plans like this with you, and, when he had to reschedule, has dropped the ball.

Per why he asked to reschedule in the first place, seems pretty clear, per his having a job interview.

But you could certainly tell him how you feel about this if it is bothering you, and ask him about it. That said, I would say that giving people at least a day to return calls, emails or texts is a reasonable thing. Not everyone is going to get messages or get back to people so quickly.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.