Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Cervical mucus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cervical mucus
PinkyPieStarshine
Neophyte
Member # 108560

Icon 11 posted      Profile for PinkyPieStarshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've faithfully charted my cycles for overr a year now.

But this month is sooo off I'm starting to be concerned [Frown]
I've been seeing tons and tons of "egg white" cervical mucus for officially 9 days now. But today it was mixed with some kind of discharge that seriously looked and had the consistency of mashed potatoes [Frown]

I haven't had sex in 2 months (It was protected from start to finish)and i've had 2 periods( usually early - lasting the full 3-4) days , I've been to the doctor about it but she could not find anything and I have no STDs. I also took two pregnancy tests that came up negative ( and i spent money on the early detection ones as I felt they were the most sensitive [Frown] )

all this said it's day 19 of a 26 day cycle for me.

I wouldn't be concerned about it I'f i weren't in pain, but I am at the bottom of my tummy and mid-hips, and my breast really hurt. I've been under tons of stress- could this be a cause? or should i see another doctor?

[ 11-12-2013, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: PinkyPieStarshine ]

Posts: 20 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi PinkyPieStarshine,

Did you mention the pain to your doctor?

Even when we've been charting our cycles for several months and have a pretty good handle on their variations, our bodies can still change. Throughout the years, and, for most, decades, that people have a menstrual cycle, that cycle isn't likely to stay the same over time. Sometimes it'll be very different just once in a while, or sometimes, for some people, it will change multiple times. All this to say that this cycle being different isn't necessarily a cause for alarm.

And yes, stress can have a pretty significant effect on the menstrual cycle.

Did the doctor who saw you run any tests? What did she say about the change in your vaginal secretions?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkyPieStarshine
Neophyte
Member # 108560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkyPieStarshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She just said it may be a hormonal imbalance due to my stress level and prescribed me anti-anxitey pills..
Posts: 20 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, hormones aren't always going to stay at the same levels or follow the same patterns. They're incredibly susceptible to changes in our bodies.

So,it's up to you whether you want to wait this out or whether you want to seek another medical opinion.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.