Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Not experiencing PMS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not experiencing PMS
scaredsickallthetime
Neophyte
Member # 108871

Icon 9 posted      Profile for scaredsickallthetime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not exactly sure if being fingered and dry sex is considered "sexually active" but I've been on your site tons of times and I know that those things never pose a pregnancy risk. I am a very anxious person though and I usually do get nervous when I'm due. However, my boobs are always sore around this time. I can't remember the last time they weren't sore before my period! They usually get sore pretty much about 9 or 10 days after my previous cycle. Well, I've only got 11 days left until my next period (9 if it arrives on the 28th day!) and no soreness! At all! .

Stuff like this gets me very concerned because it is out of the norm. I've tried to find a similar question but I can't find one on here. So, basically to summarize: Why aren't my boobs sore like they're supposed to be? Will I still most likely get my period? What may be the cause of this? (I have recently found a love of granola and Greek yogurt mixed together - I eat it about everyday. Not sure if anything in those foods could be getting rid of the soreness, although I highly doubt it.)

Even though my boyfriend never touches me after he cums, I still wonder about things like pre-cum. I've never had direct genital contact and he's never ejaculated right onto my vagina (I'm always always wearing at LEAST underwear and often times yoga pants/nylons etc. + he ejects onto himself, not me.) Throughout all my previous "pregnancy scares" I've had sore boobs, and always thought, "oh God, I'm pregnant - it's not PMS this time - I'm sore because of pregnancy..blahblah" Now I'm doing the exact opposite! "I'm due in 9 to 11 days! They aren't sore yet! I'm' pregnant!"

PLEASE help me understand why on earth they aren't cooperating. I mean come on girls. I'm a small-chested person and my monthly swelling + soreness is a great thing for my boyfriend and I alike. If you think the possibility of pregnancy is unlikely if not impossible, what else could be causing this lack of PMS symptom?

My friends often tell me I get anxious about pregnancy before my period because anxiety is one of my symptoms - and hey, maybe that's showing itself right now.

Sorry if this message is too long and detailed and confusing for you. I will be more than happy to break it down if need be.

If you say it could be stress I highly doubt it. My period is a very determined thing. I have a phobia of planes and had to take four plane rides in a month one time. My period still came without fail. If that's not Aunt Flow conquering extreme stress I don't know what is. [Eek!]

Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

PMS symptoms, even ones that seem predictable, can vary from period to period (much like how periods themselves can vary in terms of when they arrive), so that's likely to be what's happening here.

It sounds like you're feeling pretty anxious, so I'm going to give you an article on self-care. I think you might find some suggestions in it for managing anxiety when it comes around. http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/selfcare_a_la_carte

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredsickallthetime
Neophyte
Member # 108871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredsickallthetime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the article. I'm very anxious and worried. I just don't know what to make of the lack of breast tenderness.

I have looked online and seen multiple people who haven't had the usual breast tenderness and still gotten their period, but I've also seen multiple people who haven't had breast tenderness and been pregnant.

From the information I gave, are you concerned I may be pregnant or are you confident it's just hormones?

Sorry if I'm just repeating myself. I need reassurance. I'm very scared, maybe for no reason, but scared nonetheless.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've actually answered your own question, as in your initial post you say that you know the behaviors you've engaged in (manual sex and dry humping) pose no risk of pregnancy.

I think taking a look at this article will be helpful:http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/youre_not_pregnant_why_do_you_think_you_are

And, like I said, if you're feeling anxious, it might be good to do a little self care.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.