Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Scared of sperm being everywhere.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared of sperm being everywhere.
maria2468
Neophyte
Member # 105870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maria2468     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
For a very long time, I have been having irrational pregnancy scares. Almost every time I see a white or transparent liquid, I think it is semen and it well get me pregnant. And even though I know that there is no way that fluid is semen, I start imagining all kinds of scenarios, and these scenarios give me a "good reason" to believe that the liquid is semen. I talk about this with my mother, my therapist.. But nothing seems to get these thoughts out of my head, and I feel like a freak. Please help me.

Posts: 10 | From: Europe | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maria,

In your last post, you said you were going to talk to your mother. From the sounds of things, she was receptive to your conversation and you are now seeing a therapist.

What tools has your therapist given you to help you when you start to panic and invent scenarios to support that panic? In other words, what has your therapist told you to do when you start panicking?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maria2468
Neophyte
Member # 105870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maria2468     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My therapist did not tell me what do do when I start panicking,but every time I visit her she tells me there is no reason to panic. What she is more focused on is what is causing these pregnancy scares, and thinks the reason is because I am used to being a victim at my old school and now I am making up problems, because I cannot live without the feeling that I am a victim, and there is nobody bullying me in my new school.

--------------------
Consume your fears before they consume you.

Posts: 10 | From: Europe | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maria,

If your therapist has not given you advice on what to do when you start to panic, I would ask her for some at your next appointment. That way, you have a way to care for yourself in moments where you feel the panic come on but you can't access your therapist.

I want to ask how helpful you are finding your current therapist. Do you feel like the approach they are taking is helping your anxiety around sperm at all?

[ 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maria2468
Neophyte
Member # 105870

I do think so. These thoughts do not cause me the same amount of anxiety, and now I understand how irrational they really are. Yet I still have no idea on how to free myself from them. Even if I do come in contact with fresh semen (I mean if I touch it) and then wash my hands before I use the bathroom, there is no pregnancy risk, right? Neither if I sit on it.

--------------------

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're correct. I do encourage you to talk to your therapist about things you can do when you start having the panicky thoughts and you're not in her office. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maria2468
Neophyte
Member # 105870

Thank you [Smile] .

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.