Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sperm/semen and missed periods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sperm/semen and missed periods
Samantha212
Neophyte
Member # 108460

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Samantha212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi scarleteen,

In some recent posts I have asked about dry sex and the risks it poses. I am still wary of this and although I understand I cannot get pregnant through this method I think it would put my mind at rest if I knew exactly how sperm can't travel through fabric? Especially if there are vaginal fluids present as well as semen. Could you please explain a bit more? As the articles I've read don't elaborate much?

Also I started using the monthly info website to track periods and it has occurred to me that my period is late, my breasts are very tender and I'm pretty tired and nauseous. Should I take a test?

--------------------
Samantha

Posts: 15 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Samantha!

Maybe the best way to explain this has nothing to do with fabrics and a lot to do with GRAVITY. Fluids like semen -or any kind of fluids, anyway- can maybe pass through fabrics and make them wet, but what they can NOT do is go all the way into someone else's vagina and climb inside defying the laws of gravity. It just can't. [Smile]

Also, sperm is very delicate, and needs a very special enviroment to live and fabrics don't offer that kind of enviroment.

This link has a lot of good information about this:

Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

Periods are not always the same, they can change and there are a lot of reasons for that, not only pregnancy (specially if you haven't had a pregnancy risk). Stress can be one of that reasons, more excersice than usual or an hormonal imbalance. Taking a test is always up to you but if you haven't had direct genital contact then there is not a risk of pregnancy.

I hope this helps! [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 417 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samantha212
Neophyte
Member # 108460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samantha212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great [Smile] so there really is 0 chance I could get pregnant. Settled my mind quite a bit, thank you.

So since there's no risk of pregnancy I shouldn't bother with a test?

--------------------
Samantha

Posts: 15 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, testing is always up to you but if you ask me, I don't see the need. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 417 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.