Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Do vaginal contractions happen before or during an orgasm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do vaginal contractions happen before or during an orgasm?
Catamount
Neophyte
Member # 97502

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Catamount     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know everyone says that you will know if you have had an orgasm. I think I have them, in that there is a defining moment of pleasure that lasts maybe 2 seconds and my vagina contracts for a second. Are these contractions and actual orgasm? They feel good, but nothing MINDBLOWING. It is important to note that I can reach this point in a matter of 1 minute or less, any time I want to (whether it is masturbating or intercourse) I know women are all different in the time it takes them to orgasm, but I would say less than one minute, on command, is not the typical woman. I don't think it is in my head either (or that I don't allow myself to prepare enough), because I am 'warmed up' most of these times. Basically, I have no "big release" or "euphoria" feeling and never have. That's not to say I don't enjoy sex or these 'mini-orgasms' I have. I just want to know if these are truly orgasms so that I know what to expect and stop wondering. Thanks.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this article might help you sort out what you are feeling: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catamount
Neophyte
Member # 97502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catamount     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read that article but I still don't think that it necessarily answers my question.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, there isn't the kind of answer I think you might be seeking, but I'll give it a go, and you can let me know if this works better for you or not.

In other words, vaginal contractions can happen even with just arousal (and without it, to), but won't always, can happen before, during and/or after orgasm, but also may not happen, or happen to the same degree with any or all of those times/experiences every time, or for every person the same ways.

Orgasm, though, isn't genital. What you're calling "actual orgasm," is something we can feel genitally in some ways, and that can make some genital things happen, but what orgasm itself actually is is something happening in the brain and central nervous system.

But generally, while orgasm alone doesn't mean someone who is having or has had one will feel sexually satisfied, after it happens, it generally does another thing to the central nervous system which is that it does tend to result in something of a whole body -- or at least nervous system -- feeling of resolution or relaxation. YMMV, mind, but on the whole, I'd say that even though how big or small an orgasm feels, and its impact, varies a lot for people, including even for one person, if someone isn't ever feeling some sense of both bliss as it's happening nor any feeling of resolution after? probably orgasm isn't a thing that has happened.

[ 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catamount
Neophyte
Member # 97502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catamount     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That actually helped a lot. You did answer my question. I know its hard to 'define' so I realize any answer wont be perfect. Thank you so much.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes too when a question is based on a broken framework or a misunderstanding, we have to dance a bit around it to "answer" it. Thanks for being patient. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.