Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » No period for two months??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No period for two months??
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calliegrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My period is now two months late (8 weeks missing) what could be the cause of this ? I didn't have a pregnancy risk since I was fingered (May have had Precum on his fingers but highly doubt it) so what could be the reason for my period missing for two months? Is this something that is normal? I took a pregnacy test and it came out negative also
Posts: 71 | From: Los angles | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We already have had this conversation with you Calliegrace, there is no way we can tell you why you are missing a period.

Like Robin said before in your other thread, you can always seek help from a health care provider IN person. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know where to go for this healthcare, Callie? If not, there are some great reproductive healthcare and sexual healthcare providers in the L.A. area. Would be happy to help you find one within reach of you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calliegrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes thank you for that! But if there's no need to go to a doctor for this I sure don't want to! They gynecologist seems very scary to me ..
Posts: 71 | From: Los angles | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A healthcare provider really is the best person to see about something like this, even if it might seem a bit scary. What is it about seeing a gynecologist that scares you?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

What they would do at a check-up !
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going to a gynecologist sure can be scary - especially the first time - but it is something important to do once in a while.

I think this link could be helpful to you:

Your first Gynecologist Visit

I'd also say that, even when we recommend to visit a health care provider, it is always up to you. Going to a doctor is always a choice, but it is YOUR choice. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Thank you for the article but it makes me Even more scared to go now ): I'm really worried about this ... Should I trust the pregnancy test ? I am trying to talk my mom into taking me to the gynecologist but she seems like she doesn't want me to go ):
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She doesn't need to take you, you can go on your own. You have the legal right, and if you're in L.A., you have access to public transit if you need it.

We need to stop conversation about the pregnancy test and pregnancy with you as a thing, okay? Pregnancy tests are over 99% reliable, but again, if you aren't trusting these things, your next step is a healthcare provider. It's your choice to take that next step or not, but the alternative isn't talking this to death, if you get me. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Yes I understand, thank you so much for all of your help!(:
Heather
Member # 3

Btw, one great option that may be within reach for you is this clinic: http://www.teen411.com/

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

That says it's in California right ? I'm sorry I don't live in that LA , I was talking about lousiana LA(: sorry for that !!
Heather
Member # 3

Didn't know you had a Los Angeles in Louisiana, sorry for *my* error! Want me to look in your state for you?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Yes please ! And sorry about that! Lol
Heather
Member # 3

Why don't you leave or email us a zip code so we can know what's likely to be nearby, and we're happy to do that. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

How exactly do I send it in an email?(:
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

You can hit the button "Contact Us" that is at the bottom of the page [Smile]

--------------------

kea94
Neophyte
Member # 108759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kea94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on depo shots since July 2011. But during the 2012 year I was getting them but I was late on a few...my last shot was April 2013 I had a period in August and it's been 2months after and I haven't spotted or anything and I've had unprotected sex could I be pregnant?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Kea I already answered your question in the other thread, and this is a section only for Staff and Volunteers, if you want you can start a new thread with your own question and we'll be happy to talk to you there.

Also, this is the third time you post the same question. Posting like this is not going to get you faster answers, so we need you to be patient with us and stick to one thread. [Smile]

Thank you [Smile]

[ 10-27-2013, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Edith_* ]

--------------------

Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

I tried to email it but it told me I had an answer wrong ,

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.