Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » period vs spottimg

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period vs spottimg
EYTIN
Neophyte
Member # 107689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EYTIN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi i supposed to have my period at the 16th of october an i got tendrrness of breast that time but I got the feelimg of mens cramping in the evening of 18th October I got the feeling of dysmenorrhea I cant sleep thru the pain the I took medicine thers no blood yet but dark brown until te morning comes it turns to red like period but it doesnt that heavy it jut almost half of the pad and the blood comes when I urinate it jsut not that heavy but its blood and have clots is it period? The tenderness of breast is gone

[ 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: EYTIN ]

Posts: 39 | From: MANILA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eytin,

If you were expecting your period, then it's most likely that that is what you're experiencing now. [Smile]

Periods won't always start the same way. Sometimes they start slowly, and sometimes they start more heavily. Either way, it's still a period. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EYTIN
Neophyte
Member # 107689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EYTIN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it is not spotting though it is not that heavy?
Posts: 39 | From: MANILA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did it just start today?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sometimes, as I said, periods can start with light bleeding. Sometimes, the entire period is lighter than usual. This isn't anything to be concerned about; periods aren't always going to look the same or behave the same way.

--------------------
Robin

EYTIN
Neophyte
Member # 107689

Thankyou what is the difference between spotting and period?
EYTIN
Neophyte
Member # 107689

Thankyou what is the difference between spotting and period?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Spotting is light bleeding that generally happens between periods. A period is the shedding of the lining of the uterus in response to hormonal changes. here's some information on the menstrual cycle that might help you out.

On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

--------------------
Robin

EYTIN
Neophyte
Member # 107689

Is spotting or implantation bleeding has clots on the blood and can have cramps like dysmenorrhea??
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

As I said above, if you were expecting your period, then the bleeding you're experiencing now is your period. There's no reason to think it's anything else. People's experiences of bleeding vary so much that it's really not useful to say what happens with this, that, or the other kind of bleeding. It's more useful to look at what you've got now, which is bleeding around the time you were expecting your period to start.

Okay? [Smile]

[ 10-22-2013, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.