Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » What's the deal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's the deal?
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calliegrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I haven't had a period in at least 7 weeks, and I took a pregnancy test which came out negative .... I was fingered and don't know if he had anything on his fingers or not ... So what is the reason my period is so late? ): very scared about this
Posts: 71 | From: Los angles | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi kallie,

There are lots of reasons why a period might be late. Have you read through this article yet?

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calliegrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have read that article, thank you (: but is it considered normal to skip two periods in a row ..?
Posts: 71 | From: Los angles | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's certainly something that can happen. If it helps to know this, I've skipped periods myself, and know other people who have.

I'm a little confused though. You've said that it's been seven weeks since you had a period. Depending on how often your periods come, that would mean you've only skipped one period and are waiting for the next one.

If you're concerned, you certainly do have the option of consulting with a healthcare provider. Just know that unless there are other symptoms that need to be explored, most healthcare providers don't consider one or two skipped periods to be of great concern.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Yes it's almost been two months , so it's completely normal? I have just recently started school again so could that be a reason why ?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Callie,

I feel dizzy here, like we're going in circles answering the same question over and over again.

our answer on this isn't going to change. [Smile]

If you're still feeling scared, I think it's time for you to figure out what your next step is going to be, okay?

Right now, your options as I see them are to:

1. Consult with a healthcare provider.

2. Continue to wait, using some of the self-care strategies from the article we shared with you (or any that you already have that you know to be helpful) to ease your anxieties.

--------------------
Robin

Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Okay! Thank you for all of the help(: it's always reassuring to come on this site !
Calliegrace
Activist
Member # 108435

Okay! Thank you for all of the help(: it's always reassuring to come on this site !

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.