Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » lower abdominal pain 2 weeks after hook up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lower abdominal pain 2 weeks after hook up
bri718341995
Neophyte
Member # 108634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bri718341995     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
about 2 weeks ago, i hooked up with a guy. we didnt have sex but he did finger me. I dont know whether there was precum on his fingers or not. Since then, I have had an increase in acne, some spotting (light pink) and very bad lower abdominal pain. at times it feels like pms cramps but other times its a severe pinching. Think this could be a sign of pregnancy? I also have been having some inconsistancies with my bc pill. I was not on it the time of the hook up but have been on it for about 10 days now. usually it does not give me any symptoms.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have had abdominal pain for two weeks, then I would say it is past time to see a healthcare provider.

If the only kind of sex you engaged in was manual sex, there wasn't a pregnancy risk in the first place, so we can be sure this isn't about pregnancy. However, you do want to find out what it IS about. Could be everything from a gastrointestinal bug to stress to gallbladder disease, who knows, but two weeks of pain, including some you are describing as very bad, is not something to sit around with wondering about.

Do you know where to go to get general healthcare?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bri718341995
Neophyte
Member # 108634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bri718341995     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The pain hasnt been 2 weeks. it has been about a week, progessing each day. today is the worst. it seems that is got a lot worse after the spotting i had a few days ago. Plus with the other symotoms, it also seems my aereolas are getting a tad darker.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same advice goes for a week, especially with increasing pain.

So, let's try this again: do you know where to go for general healthcare?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bri718341995
Neophyte
Member # 108634

yes. i went about 5 days ago, they said it was a pregnancy risk but was too early to take the test.
Heather
Member # 3

When you reported serious abdominal pain to your doctor, and told them you had only had manual sex, they told you it was a pregnancy risk?!?

And they didn't do any other kind of testing or looking into what is up at all?

If that's the case, then unless I'm missing something here, or you didn't give them the same information you're giving me, sounds like you may need to start seeing a new healthcare provider.

A good provider will not say something may be a pregnancy risk that anyone with basic medical training knows isn't, nor will they basically blow off serious abdominal pain in a patient, telling them it may only be because of pregnancy from something that can't create a pregnancy in the first place. You and I already had this conversation yesterday (when you said they had said they were thinking it was a virus, mind, not a pregnancy).

Would you like help finding a different provider to see?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

bri718341995
Neophyte
Member # 108634

no its ok, but thanks for your input again.
Heather
Member # 3

Sure, but I really can't say strongly enough that strong abdominal pain going on for a week is something anyone should have a healthcare provider look into. That very much can be a signal of a serious health issue, and should not be blown off or be something that goes unexamined.

So, if your healthcare provider didn't give you a thorough examination, asking lots of questions, running or scheduling some tests, I'd either go back, if they are the only people you can see, and give them all the info you have us here, or see a different provider. If you have access and coverage for an ER visit, that certainly would not be unreasonable with any kind of ongoing serious abdominal pain.

I hear you worrying about something -- pregnancy -- that isn't possible if all you have done is fingering. I'd suggest you instead focus on what IS realistic and actually possible, which, with serious abdominal pain for a week, could potentially be a serious illness or infection. Okay?

[ 10-10-2013, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.