Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can Trace Pre-Cum on Fingers Impregnate?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Trace Pre-Cum on Fingers Impregnate?
sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexnoob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, my girl friend and I were both engaging in some manual sex with no penetration. I did not ejaculate, and had urinated twice prior to our session.

I was simply rubbing my dick on her, and although I am not sure, I am worried I may have rubbed some pre-cum around her labia and clitoris as I was grinding against her. I later proceeded to massage her clit and eventually fingered her not too deeply into her vaginal cavity (we are both virgins, and she is very tight, I could not get more than an inch of my middle finger inside her). That said, I may have got some pre-cum that was on her groin area on my finger when I fingered her. I did not once touch my hand on my penis. My penis seemed pretty dry before, during and after.

Some other background info:

- I had ejaculated 8 hours prior to this session, showered with hot water and urinated twice since engaging in this session.
- I had a bit of trouble getting an erection since my penis was still sore from earlier in the day, it was not a full erection, but hard enough to take shape.
- She is at day 15 of her menstrual cycle.
- I used Natural Astraglide as a lubricant.
- I cannot roll back my foreskin.
- We were both pretty dry. We needed the lubricant to make it non-irritating.
- She says her cervical liquid discharge over the last couple of days including today has been pretty clear.

What are the chances of her getting pregnant based on the above? Am I being overly paranoid?

Thanks in advance!

[ 10-06-2013, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: sexnoob ]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

Have you had a chance to look at this article?

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexnoob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sure have, but it does not list a scenario for fingering + frottage.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might help then for you to think about these sexual activities separately.

Combining sexual activities does not affect whether they have a pregnancy risk associated with them or not.

Was your girlfriend wearing clothes when you were rubbing against her?

[ 10-06-2013, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we listed the risks associated with every single possible combination of sexual activities, that article would be gazillions of pages long. [Smile] To boot, the risk level of one activity doesn't impact the risk level of another: so in your case, the risk from manual sex has nada to do with the risk from frottage, you evaluate them separately. Does that make more sense?

(Too slow! Robin beat me to it.)

[ 10-06-2013, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

No she was not.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, what did you read in the article about the risks from fingering? What did you learn about the risks of bare genitals rubbing together?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

Thanks Robin for the response, my answer from reading it are:

Fingering is no risk of pregnancy (but I assume this is without pre-cum? What if there was pre-cum?)

Frotting/Tribbing has moderate risk.

I made no vaginal entry and never got close to her vulva. I rubbed my dick on her clit and between her labia with my shaft (not the tip). No ejaculation.

Am I still at moderate risk? Do you think Plan B is warranted or is it overkill in this case?

[ 10-07-2013, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: sexnoob ]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, my answers are going to be the same as what you read in that article. Rubbing bare genitals together does pose a risk of pregnancy.

It's up to you and your girlfriend whether you to are comfortable with this level of risk. have you and she talked about this together?

--------------------
Robin

sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

Yes, I have. However, she's not very receptive to using Plan B as an EC.

Does pre-cum on the finger while fingering potent enough to induce a pregnancy?

Thanks Robin.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manual sex doesn't pose realistic pregnancy risks, it just doesn't. Having pre-ejaculate on the hand, if it is, doesn't change that.

Again, it's the direct genital contact here that potentially poses pregnancy risks, and if you didn't ejaculate, you can look together at the effectiveness rates for perfect use of withdrawal to get a better idea of what kind of risk you're talking about.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

Hi Heather, when you say genital, does that include the clitoris and labia, or is it specific to the vagina/vulva area?
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean your penis, her vulva. "Vulva" is the medical term for the whole of her genitals which includes the mons, inner and outer labia, clitoris, urethra, vestibule, vaginal opening and perineum.

It's not like it's a long way between someone's clitoris and their vaginal opening: the vulva is like a really small apartment where talking about the kitchen and the bathroom as totally separate rooms makes no sense because the toilet is in the same room as the fridge.

So, you already know, because you've read the info, and we have told you, that the naked genital rubbing poses potential STI and pregnancy risks. It just does. What you two choose to do about that from here is something for you both to work out and decide. But it's past time for us to end this particular conversation now about risk-or-no-risk because we've already given those answers to you.

[ 10-07-2013, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

Thanks Heather. I have convinced her to take the Plan B as a safety precaution. Thanks Robin and Heather.
Heather
Member # 3

You're welcome.

Since it didn't sound like that was something she really wanted to do, I'd advise completing this conversation with her by making agreements about choices moving forward and how, if you two don't want to take a risk of pregnancy, condoms, at a minimum, will be used for things that pose risks of pregnancy and STIs, like direct genital rubbing, okay?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

sexnoob
Neophyte
Member # 108611

Hi Heather, we are both virgins, but she was the one who invited me to do genital rubbing, as she had done it before and claimed it was safe and that she never got pregnant, even when the guy ejaculated on her genital. We both were tested and clean. We just wanted to engage in some foreplay. This is the first time I have done this, and I had some doubt especially with the pre-cum on finger. Chances are, she's at very low risk of being pregnant, hopefully the Plan B is the nail in the coffin.

We have both decided to abstain after this incident.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.