Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scare
sarah16
Neophyte
Member # 108550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarah16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is yet another pregnancy situation that I am scared about.
3 days ago my boyfriend and I were messing around and I ended up giving him a blowjob. After that he adjusted his penis and touched himself for a tiny bit. (This was all pre cum he never came) I think 1 minute passed by and he started to play downstairs with me and touch me around my clit and inside me (didn't fully finger) does this pose as a pregnancy risk? I'm pretty sure his fingers were dry. Not 100 %.
Lately I've been feeling really sore breasts and feeling very gassy. I'm scared I could be pregnant.. Please help me asap and someone with expert opinions. Thank you

Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sarah16,

Can you go back and read your previous conversations here, as well as any articles you've been given? You'll be able to figure out, through doing that, if what you described here poses a risk of pregnancy.

It sounds like continuing to do these sexual activities is making you feel really scared and anxious. I don't imagine that is fun for you. Would you like to talk about making some changes to your sexual relationship so that you don't have to continue having these bouts of fear and anxiety?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can take a look at this to see that what you're describing here are things that can pose STI risks, but not pregnancy risks: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Pregnancy, just so you know, isn't something that, when it happens, happens instantly. It tends to take around a week for a pregnancy to become a pregnancy, and then around another few weeks for people to begin having any physical symptoms or noticeable changes. A person can't have symptoms of a pregnancy before they are pregnant, so even if you HAD done something which posed a risk of pregnancy and were, in fact, going to become pregnant? The symptoms you are having right now could not be pregnancy symptoms, because you couldn't be pregnant yet from sex three days before.

So, you didn't do anything that could cause a pregnancy, but even if you did? You wouldn't be pregnant already in the first place.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarah16
Neophyte
Member # 108550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarah16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both for your advice. I don't think ill he doing anything sexual for a while just so I can avoid these scares and become a lot more aware of the risks.
I have read the articles and they helped. I'm still just worried that this can somehow cause a pregnancy from this specific situation. So you don't think I'm pregnant? Thanks heaps [Smile]

Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarah16
Neophyte
Member # 108550

Also why do you think I'd be experiencing some pregnancy symotoms?
I've also looked a different opinions and people are saying you can get pregnant by fingering. I'm just very worried

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sarah,

As this article discusses, most of the symptoms people attribute to pregnancy can also happen for other reasons. In fact, I can't think of anything that people commonly talk about experiencing while pregnant that non-pregnant people can't experience, except, of course, for actually *being* pregnant.

Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

Also, what we've told you here about pregnancy risks has nothing to do with opinions. The information we've given you, both in our replies to you and the articles we've linked you to, is about fact, not opinion. See the difference?

What tells you that these other sources you've been reading are accurate? This article about evaluating what information is sound, and what information likely isn't, can help you figure out how to know which information to trust.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/legit_or_unfit_finding_safe_sound_sex_educators_support_online

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarah16
Neophyte
Member # 108550

I have one more question sorry.
It's been about 8 days since I had that sexual activity with POSSIBLE precum on my boyfriends fingers (again not sure if it all got off while he was pulling down my jeans) but today after the 8 days I got my period. My period is irregular and I never know when I'm due. I counted the days since my last period and I'm actually one week earlier but I was late last time.
This doesn't mean pregnancy does it? I've read a lot about implatation bleeding and I'm scared that it could be it. I'm having really bad cramps like I usually do and it's not heaps heavy as it's the first day but it kind of looks like my normal period? You don't think it could be pregnant could I? Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Getting your period means you are *not* pregnant. In other words, period-like bleeding does *not* indicate pregnancy.

So, coupled with the fact that you've already learned here that the sexual activity you engaged in does not pose pregnancy risks, the final verdict is that you're not pregnant. [Smile]

This does need to be the end of any pregnancy discussions from this incident, okay?

Have you and your partner talked about taking a break from this sort of sexual activity?

--------------------
Robin

sarah16
Neophyte
Member # 108550

I was just wondering as I am a week early and it is not that heavy I was scared about implantation bleeding?? Sorry to bother you and thank you very much for you answer
sarah16
Neophyte
Member # 108550

For future reference I am just wondering..
For example.. if you have sex about 7 days ago and are due for your period soon that month.. If you were pregnant.. Would you not get your period? Or would you have to wait until next month to check if it comes? thanks

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you were told by Heather, having a period means that you are not pregnant.

Implantation bleeding is very rare, and it does not resemble a period at all. It is much lighter - no more than a day of spotting, at most.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.