Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » painful breakup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: painful breakup
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend broke up with me last week saying he had feeling fot somone else. Obviously this hurt so bad because we had been together for a year. We had been intimate also so it made ut worse. He has been acting like a jerk he has called me a whore and says a lot of mean things to now for no reason. I just hate thinking about him being with somone else doing what we did and i just get really deppressed I don't know what to do. No matter what he says or does I'll still love him. What can I do?

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Posts: 26 | From: nc | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear that your boyfriend broke up with you and has been saying those things to you - no matter what the reason for the breakup, it's really not ok for him to treat you like that.

We have a great article about surviving a breakup that I think might be a helpful read: Getting Through a Breakup Without Actually Breaking

Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read your article but I still feel so much pain. I feel like he used me because now I heard he said he wanted to be intimate with other girs and that hurts me so much. He always promised to lovee but it was all a lie. He just gave up on me after all we have been through. I need some advice on how to deal with this pain because all I want to do is talk to him but I know that won't be good. Please help.

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Posts: 26 | From: nc | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I don't know if this will help, but a lot of young people make promises about forever love. They mean them, often, when they say them, but just do not have the life experience to understand that there really is not such a thing, especially when everyone involved is new to these relationships. When people are young, relationships tend to be shorter, not longer.

However, someone who verbally abuses you, like by calling you names, may not have been in earnest. And as much as you are hurting right now, it might also help to know that behaviour like that tends to escalate, with the person becoming more abusive, or in different ways, so it really is likely you dodged a bullet here.

How much you are hurting here also can be influenced by the ways abusive people make us feel in relationships, wearing us down and also making us dependent. It can take a while after those relationships end to build ourselves back up and to also see that losing them is usually a blessing, not a curse.

[ 12-22-2013, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.