Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Missed Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed Pill
aj2234
Neophyte
Member # 108366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aj2234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on Yasmin for approximately eight months now. I have taken three pills from a new packet. I remember going to take the fourth pill yesterday, however, for some reason I can't actually remember consuming it. There is no pill in the packet, however, this still doesn't provide much comfort. This is more likely a side-effect of an overly anxious mind more than anything else.
So, I was just wondering (just in case I, somehow, missed the pill completely) whether I continued to take the pill as normal, but used it in conjunction with barrier protection for the next seven days, or if there was some other protocol I needed to take in order to remain protected.
Also, I was just wondering if the pill was very water-soluble, just as an aside question. The reason I ask is because I sometimes worry about it falling into the water that I take it with.

Posts: 32 | From: Hidden | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

You are right on with continuing to take the pill as normal and backing it up with barrier protection for the next week. You should not have a risk as you have been on the pill for eight months and because it is possible you did take that pill (I often have had that same feeling of not remembering actually swallowing the pill), however it is always a good idea to use condoms as a back up method if you are concerned about becoming pregnant.

This article: Three questions about taking the birth control pill

.. is quite handy if you have any other concerns about the birth control pill [Smile] .

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aj2234
Neophyte
Member # 108366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aj2234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou! I appreciate your advice. [Smile]
Posts: 32 | From: Hidden | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem [Smile]
Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.