Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Just a few more questions...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a few more questions...
Yellow3121
Neophyte
Member # 108576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow3121     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for coming back again! I just thought of a few more question and then I still have a question about one I didn't get answered last time!

1.If I were to be pregnant, would a pregnancy test show up as positive at 15, 16, 17, or 18 weeks pregnant?

2.I JUST read your article titled "You're not pregnant, so why do you think that you are?" or. Something very similar to that! Since I've taken all the pregnancy tests and gotten periods and stuff, is my last option to go the doctor and get like. An ultrasound? I know that my activity did not have any risk according to you, and I think this fear is based off of shame and guilt but. Would that be what you would suggest as my next step?

Thanks so much! Again!

Posts: 24 | From: Colorado | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. It most certainly would.

2. If you feel like getting a test at a doctor's office would help you let this go and be a good next step for you, then by all means, that's a step you can take. If you feel like this is mostly around shame and guilt about sex, what do you think about the next steps for that you read about in that piece? What of those steps, or steps like them, can you take to take care of yourself here and think would help you move forward?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yellow3121
Neophyte
Member # 108576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow3121     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my boyfriend and I have already taken a step back on all things sexual, besides hugging and kissing pretty much. So I hope that that helps at least somewhat! I also am trying to work through it myself because there are a lot of people that I look up to and admire and I know that they have made mistakes before and some of them are probably very very similar to this one that I have recently made. I do have somewhat of a mild anxiety/depression problem so I know that that could also be triggering this fear.
Posts: 24 | From: Colorado | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so maybe too, then, you might want to check in per managing that depression and anxiety, and if what you've been doing with that is really working for you?

But if you have just stepped it back with sex, you might also just need some time. Feeling radically different about this than you do right now isn't very likely so fast, so you may just need to live with feeling a little uncomfortable for a bit while rationality gets a better hold, and you work through some of these feelings, choices, and your feelings about your choices.

The good news is, we'll live from just being a bit freaked and uncomfortable. It will pass. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yellow3121
Neophyte
Member # 108576

I know it will pass, and it HAS been getting better over time [Smile]
It's just getting a little bit old, feeling like this for the last 18 weeks and hating myself and not being able to get a grip on reality or. Logic for that matter. But I suppose it will get better!
Thanks so much [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

So, sounds like that doctor's visit might be a good call to me. After all, if they say -- as they will -- you're not pregnant, and you go ahead and literally try and explain to them that they're wrong or you don't believe that, the sheer futility of it all might well become more apparent.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Yellow3121
Neophyte
Member # 108576

Alright, I'll go ahead and make an appointment for sometime this week! And I'll talk to my parents about the depression and stuff.
Thanks so much! [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing, hope you're feeling more like yourself soon, Yellow. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.