Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HIV Risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HIV Risk
Friskyfox
Neophyte
Member # 43721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friskyfox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm writing this for basically a little piece of mind, and a second opinion really.

I think I'm over reacting because I'm currently stressed with school and my anxiety gets to me in the most interesting ways like worrying about microorganisms in my body.

So cutting to the chase... DOES THIS POSE AS AN HIV RISK? :

During the first week of August, I was working at a convention with a couple of friends. Needless to say at some point public restrooms were a necessary, so on a break I waited in the obnoxiously long line and went to the bathroom.

Usually if someone doesn't flush I go to the next stall, but that wasn't an option. So I went into a stall where there was still urine in the toilet. So because I really needed to go to the bathroom and flushing slipped my mind, I sat down. Had to go #2 and when I did there was a SMALL BACK SPLASH . I wiped. Washed my hands.

And then I kept thinking about it and wondered if it proposed a risk? I kept it from my mind for awhile but now it is coming back.

And now I'm scared that I was at risk for something dire.

Things to note:
- I was on my period
- and because I wiped my vagina for the urine, I feel whatever back splash that there was came in contact with a mucus membranes of my vagina.
But I don't know if that proposes enough risks given the means at which it was transmitted.
- I was tested for HIV back in June.
- I was tested for bacterial infections the week I came back but not any other infections though.
-I've only had one sexual partner in the past 12 months, and the last time I had sex of any kind was probably mid August.

I apologize for the embarrassing information, and I know I'm being paranoid. But I would like to know if this poses as a risk, and is something I should be tested for. And if it would be too early to test, or when I could test for accurate results?

Thank you

--------------------
there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Posts: 10 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Urine or water are not vectors for the HIV virus. Blood, semen, vaginal fluid or breast milk are, if and when they belong to an HIV-infected person, and another person has direct contact with them via their genital, mouth or their own direct bloodstream, like by sharing needles.

So, no, what you have described here does not present risks of HIV.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67202 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.