Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Light bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Light bleeding
loopsyme
Neophyte
Member # 108369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loopsyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,
Nearly a month ago, I was so anxious of being pregnant even though the chances were slim to none. http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/028899.html , this was the topic.

Anyway, at that day I post that and shared my anxiety with you guys, I had my period. It was just as normal as my previous periods. And it was in days that I was waiting to receive it. Since the chances were like zero, I was 100% sure about not beinG pregnant, I should be though.
Anyway, my period was between 8th and 13th of this month. But on 27th, I saw that brownish thing on my panties it was much more than just a few drops. I had the exactly same brownish thing last year a few times. But then nothing happened. But at this time, after the brownish thing (what's that?) some light bleeding has occured. It was just a little amount that I didn't need any pads or tampons. Now it's all gone. I read some articles about it, can it be ovulation bleeding? or should I still be worried about implantation bleeding?

Posts: 38 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loopsyme
Neophyte
Member # 108369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loopsyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 09-29-2013, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: loopsyme ]

Posts: 38 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey loopsyme,

Brown discharge tends to just be blood that's a little older than the fresh blood that comes out the time of your period. It just finds a little sticking place in your reproductive tract and gets dislodged by movement caused by exercise or internal movements and comes out brown.

For that reason it's hard to know exactly when it was released, but you can be sure that it was released earlier than when it came out... Even if it did come out in the middle of your cycle it still wouldn't indicate pregnancy.

The likelihood is that the blood was left over from a previous period. I hope this settles your mind a little.

Regardless of all of this, we still wouldn't be able to diagnose pregnancy over the internet anyway so it's a much better idea if you DID have cause to think you were pregnant (like a condom breaking or something like that), to get a medical solution i.e. a pregnancy test.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loopsyme
Neophyte
Member # 108369

Thank you, it literally settled my mind a bit. I don't believe it is implantation bleeding since I didn't have any sexual inter or outercourse in last two months. And also never before. But I just wanted to ask what would it be, I know you can't just point out what it is, at least you know what's the likelihood. Anyway, so it sounds like there's nothing to worry about unless I'm the second Virgin Mary. All I did, any near to a sexual course was the one which was told in the shared link. I also had my period as normal as my other ones after that. So I'm perfectly safe. Thank you again for you reply [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.