Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Wanting some reassurance and info

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanting some reassurance and info
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! So about 2 weeks ago I went on a date with a guy who's my friend but now we are having problems, but we were at the movies and he started making out with me, which I really wasn't expecting to happen at all. He pulled me towards him and grabbed my butt as he was making out with me, which made me kinda uncomfortable. He then asks "did u feel that?" and I was like "feel what?" and then he said "nothing." I got really worried at that moment that he might have ejaculated in his pants. I was really worried about having a pregnancy risk with this because I was wearing extremely short shorts that didn't cover up much when this happened. I didn't touch my vulva or anything when I went to the bathroom but lately I've been paranoid about getting pregnant from not even doing anything at all. My period is due next week but I'm scared because I have not ovulated yet and I also got a yeast infection last week. Please help me to understand what does and doesn't pose risks of pregnancy because I'm really paranoid and Im really concerned that I might have had a risk of pregnancy. Thanks for providing me with your amazing site!
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is an article that does exactly what you asked for: it lists which sexual activities can pose a pregnancy risk. Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

The short answer is that, since you both were fully clothed, there is nothing to worry about.

What I find much more worrying is this guy's behavior: he was being really pushy and disrespectful towards you. If you are still hanging out with this guy, I would urge you to reconsider whether this person is really a safe person for you to be with.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thanks for the info. And yes I'm actually not talking to him anymore because of what happened. I thought he was a nice guy at first but then I started to see that he really wasn't.
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear that you're following your instincts and not talking to this guy anymore. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to bother you again, but my period is now late and I'm stressing out and I just wanted some reassurance to help calm me down so that I don't believe that I'm pregnant:( is pregnancy really only possible if semen gets in the vagina, and is that something that you would very likely remember or notice? Thanks again for your awesome website and helpful sex Ed
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Sorry to bother you again, but my period is now late and I'm stressing out and I just wanted some reassurance to help calm me down so that I don't believe that I'm pregnant:( is pregnancy really only possible if semen gets in the vagina, and is that something that you would very likely remember or notice? Thanks again for your awesome website and helpful sex ed.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kathryn,

Have you had another sexual encounter since the one you mentioned above? If not, what we've already talked about with whether you had a risk of pregnancy still holds true.

Would you like to talk about what makes you still so afraid of this?

Regarding your period, here's some information about late periods.

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

That was the only encounter I've had at all in the past 6 months. I'm sorry to keep asking you about it it's just that ive been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and I'm still paranoid. I still think to myself like "what if I got semen in my vagina that day somehow?" even though I know it's really highly unlikely. I guess I just wanted some reassurance and felt bad for even getting that far with that guy in the first place. I've also never had a period that was this late before:/
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Kathryn,

Feeling bad about the sexual encounter certainly can exacerbate your anxious feelings. What do you feel like you need in order to feel at peace about that encounter and move on from it?

What sorts of things help you when you get anxious like this? I think you've said before that you have a therapist? If this is so, has your therapist given you any tools for dealing with anxiety?

--------------------
Robin

Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Honestly the only thing that would make me feel better at the moment would be getting my period. I've learned from this mistake and want to stay away from boys for awhile. My therapist usually tells me to be realistic with things like this and to write down what the facts of my situation really are.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So, have you done what your therapist suggested?

Did you also take a look at the article I linked you to to read about all the different reasons periods can be late?

--------------------
Robin

Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Yes I actualy did but I'm gonna go see my therapist today because I can't get over this constant fear. And yes I did read te article but I'm still anxious:/
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

So should I just wait for my period since you've assured me that it will come?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's truly nothing else you could do in that regard.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Okay thanks Heather and Robin:) I'm really gonna try to work through my pregnancy scare anxiety and I will cross my fingers that my period comes soon:)
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Okay so today I got the start of what I think is my period. It's only some spotting but is this normal to have on the first day of your period?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, a period can start sometimes start slow with some spotting.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

I finally got my period last week:) thanks for all of your help! Is there a reason why my past few periods have been kinda irregular though?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no way on earth we could possibly know that. [Smile]

But *you* can certainly look at those patterns and look for some likely culprits, like increased stresses and not managing them well, changes in rest, eating or exercise/activity, recent illness, etc.

Of course, sometimes our cycles also just shift. We will rarely have cycles that are the same for a lifetime; instead, they'll tend to change up at least every once and a while, sometimes even radically.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.