Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Clitoral... Discharge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clitoral... Discharge?
wanderlusting
Neophyte
Member # 96408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderlusting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! Recently, I've noticed discharge in the toilet after peeing and bowel movements- this is generally normal for me, but I was on an antibiotic for a UTI and the discharge stopped during that time, so I've been noticing it more now that it's back. The UTI, by the way, is gone. Anyway, tonight I saw the normal discharge coming out of my vaginal opening and as I was pulling back my labia to clean it up, I noticed some white around my clitoris, particularly under the clitoral hood. It came off easily when I wiped it. I don't think the clitoris itself can discharge, so I'm wondering if this is something to be worried about or if it's possibly a soap accumulation or something else?

On a separate, quick, note my partner and I (my only partner, ever) and I had frequent sex when we went on vacation for 3 weeks, the most frequent sex (every day) that I've ever had. After sex once or twice I noticed a significant amount of thick, white discharge. It wasn't chunky, no foul odor, and I'm just wondering what that was? I've been STD tested and have come out negative, so I guess I'm just curious if this is normal. Thank you very much!

Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antibiotics can make you more susceptible to yeast infections, so if you are seeing odd discharge after a round of antibiotics, it might be that you're experiencing a mild yeast infection. If the discharge does not clear up in a couple of days and/or you're also experiencing itching and redness, it would be a good idea to head back to your doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wanderlusting
Neophyte
Member # 96408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderlusting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost certain I don't have a yeast infection- the white discharge after intercourse occurred a few weeks before I even started antiobiotics and I have been taking a probiotic, both with the antibiotic and after. I have no itching or foul odor right now or any other symptoms. Rather, I'm noticing increased vaginal discharge in conjunction with my bowel movements- when I push, I also seem to be pushing discharge out of my vagina. It's a very, very pale yellow color, it looks white when it isn't on toilet paper, and it's neither watery nor very thick, but kind of... stretchy, I guess? I guess I'm just wondering if this is normal in conjunction with bowel movements- and, as I said, discharge of this color/consistency isn't new to me.

The discharge I mentioned noticing after intercourse seemed to be whiter and thick, but not chunky, more like a lotion or sunscreen consistency (and I know it wasn't semen, since we used withdrawal in conjunction with my pill). I'm just wondering if that is normal as well.

Last night I also mentioned a buildup of white under my clitoral hood which wasn't adressed. It came off easily with wiping and water and I didn't notice any this morning and I'm curious what that may be. Thank you.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi wanderlusting,

I think it's a dangerous thing to say whether something is normal or not in general, but my suspicion here is that this is relatively a healthy discharge.

Discharge tends to vary and if it doesn't smell, it lacks lumps and your STI test came out clear (getting tested again can be a good idea because some STIs take a while to show up on tests) and if it's not showing any similarity to yeast infections, my assumption would be that your body is putting it out as part of it's own looking-after-itself functions.

You're right, that maybe having a load of sex might have had an influence. Intercourse can introduce a number of things to the vagina which aren't there so much the rest of the time, and of course having a load of sex (and presumably being aroused a lot) has temporary biological effects like hormone levels, circulation etc... furthermore there is a physical stress to PIV intercourse which might have an impact too.

These things might have influenced your change in discharge, but then again it could be something else all together.

The white stuff under your clitoral hood sounds a tad like smegma, i.e. skin cells and oils collecting up. Again, not necessarily anything to worry about.

My only thought here is that if there is something uncomfortable for you about this discharge, other than that it's different from normal (i.e., it's painful, it gets worse, or doesn't stop or there's so much of it that it's inconvenient) then seeing a doctor sounds like it could be a good idea.

From what you've said here though, to me, it all sounds ok for the time being. As a note: the light infection Joey suggests wouldn't necessarily itch or have any such smell or lumpiness, so is still a possibility.

[ 09-14-2013, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Jacob at Scarleteen ]

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.