Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pre cum/fingering/explanation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pre cum/fingering/explanation
worriedhere
Neophyte
Member # 108442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worriedhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, a girl gave me a hand job and proceeded to finger herself afterwards. I am worried that if there was precum on her hands or fingers there is a valid pregnancy risk. I know you all believe there is no risk. Before you post a link, I want to know why, doesn't it only take one sperm cell to hit a egg? If it helps my situation she said her period was a week before the act and she would begin ovulation in two weeks. The women in question was much older, around 39 I want to say too. Basically I've just been anxious and freaked out..please use your knowledge and logic to reassure me.
Posts: 8 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedhere
Neophyte
Member # 108442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worriedhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double post I apologize
Posts: 8 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedhere
Neophyte
Member # 108442

Double post I apologize
worriedhere
Neophyte
Member # 108442

Double post I apologize
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry that you found yourself in such a state of worry and panic. I'm also sorry because as much as I'd like to offer my assistance to you, I find myself confused by your post. It sounds like you already know what I'm going to tell you --"there is no risk,"--and yet that is something you don't wish to hear, because you wish for me to "use [my] knowledge and logic to reassure [you]...of something else?

Ok. I will try my best.

For the very basic reason that I wasn't there with you two watching everything that happened when it did, I'm going to go ahead and say that no, there WAS a risk; assuming that there was no protection used -- sans condom/gloves/said woman being on birth control and/or taking plan B after the incident-- you ejaculated with semen all over her hands, which she promptly used to finger herself with afterwards, i.e. direct semen & vaginal fluid sharing. And according to this article (I'm sorry to post you a link, but I want to back up my statement with actual proof instead of letting you think that I'm just making stuff up), you will find "Semen or vaginal fluid sharing" under the category of "High risk sexual activity":

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_i_get_pregnant_or_get_or_pass_on_an_sti_from_that

By high risk, I mean high risk for STIs. In your particular case, you could be at risk for chancroid, chlamydia, cytomegalovirus (CMV), gonorrhea, HSV type 1 and/or type 2, HIV, HPV, nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis A virus (HAV), hepatitis C virus (HCV). If neither of you have been tested, now would probably be a good time to do so.

In terms of pregnancy risk, you'll see that the article says, "no risk." Well, specifically, it says: "No risk if sharing is only oral, high risk if sharing is genital and involves contact between semen and the vulva."

Does that make sense? So unless you inserted your penis into her vagina and ejaculated directly into her genitals without protection from either party, there is no pregnancy risk.

Why?

1. That's just not how people get pregnant to begin with. The penis-in-vagina business has evolved over the course of human history to be THE way of reproduction.

2. I don't know if you ejaculated, but pre-ejaculate, or precum, itself has no semen. That's why it's called pre-ejaculate: it's the precursor to ejaculate. Ejaculate, on the other hand, which is where you find all your swimmers at.

3. Yes, it takes only one sperm to fertilize an egg...assuming many things. Among them: A) you have viable sperm, B)she has viable eggs, C)she could insert her hands, dripping in semen, not just into her vagina, but all the way up to her cervix, and leave them there. That's not only a long way to go, that's just awkward and even painful.

4. The vagina isn't made to be sperm friendly. And sperm aren't very strong. Or smart. Or in possession of superpowers that you might be afraid that they possess. In fact, I wrote a whole piece about sperm here, if you are so inclined to check it out: http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/patricia_h/2013/03/21/whos_afraid_of_sperm_cells

So you wanted to know why, and here is my effort to tell you why. I even posted links, but not before telling you why I did it. So I hope you like it. As you requested, I used my logic and knowledge to help you. But ultimately, the person responsible for dealing with your fear and panic, as well as reassuring you about this whole pregnancy scare is no one else but you and your self.

Thanks for visiting us!

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedhere
Neophyte
Member # 108442

While I am grateful for all the information you posted here, I still have some concerns..
Why is it possible for a penis and not a finger to reach a women's cervix? Would she really have to leave them there?

worriedhere
Neophyte
Member # 108442

Also there was no ejaculation from me, just the fear if any per cum dripped out
worriedhere
Neophyte
Member # 108442

Also there was no ejaculation from me, just the fear if any per cum dripped out..but then again let's say some pretty can did drip out,wouldn't the friction of her hand performing a hand job destroy them?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Worriedhere,

I'd like to address something you said in the first post of this thread.

You said that you know we all believe there is no risk.

This is not a belief just for belief's sake. When we say that what you describe cannot lead to pregnancy, we're stating a fact, not a belief. Does that difference make sense to you?

When patricia was talking about the woman putting her hand, dripping with semen, up to her cervix and leaving it there, I believe she was giving you the one possible scenario in which fingering might (and it really is a might) lead to pregnancy. The cervix, for most people with a vagina, is way up inside the vagina, and not easy to reach.

Since the woman did not have fresh semen on her hands and then immediately touch her vagina, there just is no way she could have become pregnant from the sexual activity with you.

Patricia has explained this at length. We have articles on our site that explain human reproduction at length.

There really isn't anything more we can tell you to explain how pregnancy does and doesn't work. It's your choice whether you believe the information you've been given.

If it would be helpful, you can consult this overview of reproduction: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.