Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can stress and the cycle of the woman you live with affect my cycle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can stress and the cycle of the woman you live with affect my cycle
worrytoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 108430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worrytoomuch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank God for your website.
To get this straight: I have been through tons if posts and found that the encounter with boyfriend poses no pregnancy risk because his one layer of boxer briefs and lack of ejaculate (only pre ejaculate wet spots) cannot cause pregnancy. 1 because His underwear is more substantial than lace and 2 pre ejaculate would have to be in direct contact with my bare vulva to pose its small unlikely risk

That being said my period is still late and I don't have the usual breast tenderness that I get before my period.. So is it the stress/conviction that I had from my activities that has been bothering me for a few days or could the fact that my mom is due to bleed next week and my body is syncing with hers. She says that hers has been late or early in relation to mine before.
And sorry one more thing. Is my lack of usual pre period symptoms a sign that I won't get my period this month?

I have had late periods and skipped period and periods that stop for two days in the middle because of stress in the past but my past three cycles have been 28 days. And I've been getting my period for 7 years

--------------------
I worry about way too much

Posts: 8 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi worrytoomuch,

If you look at this article you'll see that there can be a lot of reasons why a period could be late; stress is certainly one of them: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
We can't know exactly why your period is late, or if you'll skip it entirely this month, but if you haven't done anything that's a pregnancy risk, then clearly something other than pregnancy is the reason.

My understanding is that there is little to no evidence to back up the idea that women's menstrual cycles will synchronize with the cycles of people in close proximity.

Even if your last few periods have been pretty regular, it sounds like your overall tendency is to have fairly irregular periods, so being a little late doesn't seem like cause for concern here.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worrytoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 108430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worrytoomuch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the only sexual stuff I did is what I mentioned in the first part of my post.

Part of my brain is still playing "what if" and is fearful of pregnancy by what I described.

Is it "normal" to have no pre period symptoms or at least not the sore breasts that I usually have.
.Should I be concerned or tested for a highly unlikely pregnancy by a wet precum spot on boxers that poked around and was rubbed on my bare wet vulva.

--------------------
I worry about way too much

Posts: 8 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.