Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Late Period due to stress?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late Period due to stress?
loopsyme
Neophyte
Member # 108369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loopsyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well I've been reading other posts about late periods and I know that stress may cause your period to be late. But still, I just can't relax, and continue stressing about my period being late.
My bf and I were fooling around, we had dry sex (he had is boxers on-double layered boxer briefs-and I had nothing) he didn't ejaculate. We're pretty sure there wasn't any spot on his boxers after that. That means pre-ejaculate wasn't soaked by his boxers, and I know it sounds crazy that these two layers have soaked all possible sperm in pre-ejaculatory fluid. It's probably not possible. We both read your articles about which conditions lead to pregnancy, and according to those we're safe for sure.
But I just can't stop stressing, I know I'm not pregnant, but what can be wrong with my menstrual cycle. I'm having PMS symptoms, and nothing seems wrong with me. Do you think I should be worried? I'm so sorry for asking this it may sound stupid, but I really need to hear it from someone that nothing's wrong. Thank you [Smile]

P.S. My period is now 2 days late, my last period has started on August 8 or 9.

Posts: 38 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey loopsyme,

I don't think that you should be worried, or anxious, you just are anyway. It feels sometimes like we need a logical physical or health related justification or rebuttal for our thoughts, as though we 'should' or 'shouldn't' feel them but as you've hinted, that's not something you're going to get from this situation. You are worried or anxious, regardless of what someone says you should feel, so that's not really something we can do.

I think it can be useful to note that no matter how impossible the situation is, we can still feel anxious about it and so even trying to attack our own, albeit weak, justification for anxiety can get us nowhere, and furthermore the whole process can be pretty upsetting. I'm so sorry that you're going through something which sounds like that.

What can be done however is focussing on the anxiety itself, being nice to ourselves, working out what can change, what we can do to grow out of that anxiety, and getting help from people who know more about how to do that.

Can you think of much that you could do that could help take your mind off this and help you feel good?

[ 09-08-2013, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Jacob at Scarleteen ]

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.