Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » should I be worried?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: should I be worried?
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok last night I had just finished taking a shower. I went over to tge dryer to take my clothes out ofit when I noticed my brothers briefs were right beside the dryer. Since I have longhair and I had to bend over, if you will, im scared my hair could hace touched ut and have gotten sperm on it. My brother is really filthy and u kniw ge does thise kinds if dirty things and it scares me to be around him and im scared to touch anything at home for fear that it might have sperm. So my question us this : if it dud hav sperm ther and got onto my hair...could that end up getting me pregnant in some way? [Confused]

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Posts: 28 | From: nc | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well what if I layed in my bed and the sperm was there and later on lay down and it gets on me again? How long on average does sperm live?

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Posts: 28 | From: nc | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The answer is still no.

In our last discussion, I asked you if your therapist has given you any tools and techniques to use when you start having anxiety at home. If so, those are things you need to be doing right now to help yourself. If not, I suggest that this is something you need to be discussing with them in your next therapy session.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do that but they don't seem to be helping all my therapist does is tell me to write down about when I get anxiety but shes not helping me with the problem itself. Since i have ocd they are probably only going to help me with that.Besides they aren't experts in this subject as you guys are.

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

I do that but they don't seem to be helping all my therapist does is tell me to write down about when I get anxiety but shes not helping me with the problem itself. Since i have ocd they are probably only going to help me with that.Besides they aren't experts in this subject as you guys are.

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

What you've been coming here with is anxiety and paranoia, which are things that your therapist and doctor are much more equipped and trained to help with than we are. Have you told your therapist that you have paranoia specifically about sperm?

As we make clear here, we do not have the resources or expertise to help people with ongoing mental health concerns:

http://www.scarleteen.com/need_help_now_a_guide_to_scarleteens_direct_services

If what your therapist has been suggesting for you isn't helping, you need to be telling them that. They can help you a lot better if they get that feedback from you.

If it would make it easier, you could always show them the posts that you've made here so they understand how deeply scared and anxious you've been.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.