Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I don't know anything anymore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know anything anymore
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I have ocd I am constantly worried about every little thing. I get so scared because I have adear of sperm being every where and I get so scared when people touch me. I live with my brother and dad so that doesn't help. I an sure my brother toucges hin self a lot and he barely ever washes his hands and I get so scared [Frown] . I don't feel comfortable at home or anywhere. Yesterday My brother closed the door to my room and I was scared to go past it or touch it. Im almost certain he had sperm on him. This morning my mom came in my room to give me my medication and I just now realized that she had touched the door which my brother had and she could have passed the sperm on to me. Now I have to wash every thing I've touched because I feel I've contaminated it with sperm. Im scared to eat foods, im scared to use the bathroom so I hold it in as long as I can . Also whenever I walk past something my braib tells me "oh you touched that" even though i know I haven't but it convinces me so I go wash my hands again. I hate feeling like this please give some advice. [Confused]

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Posts: 26 | From: nc | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cristina,

It sure sounds like this is scary for you.

Are you getting help for your OCD from a doctor, therapist, or both? If so, you need to be talking to them about this.

If not, how about telling someone so they can help you get some help from a qualified healthcare provider?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am seeing both but considering the fact that I can't talk with them right now...I just want some advice. Also the therapy process is so slow and im just scared.

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Posts: 26 | From: nc | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you're scared.

Mental health issues are just not something that we can advise on as that is not our area of expertise.

Has your therapist given you any tools to help you when you're having trouble between appointments?

Can anyone in your house help you?

If you're looking for ways to take care of yourself, here are some ideas: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/selfcare_a_la_carte

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.