Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » need some help please!

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need some help please!
Member # 108173

Icon 11 posted      Profile for bella968     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time two nights ago. It was brief only because I wasn't getting much pleasure out of it, and it was hurting. Ever since then, I've been pretty sore down there. In retrospect I think we should have used a lubricant to help the situation which is what we plan on doing next time. But the pain I am feeling is a burning itching sensation, just on the outside of my vagina. it was really really itching last night and it was extremely uncomfortable. so I am wondering why this is? my boyfriend and I are both STI free. I am worried I may be allergic, I don't think to the latex condom because I have never had a problem with latex before.. but possibly the lubricant on the condom? I should also say I don't think I was "stretched out" enough for what we tried to do and it hurt a lot at the time of penetration. Is it normal for there to be a itching or burning after the first time having sex or is something else going on?
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bella,

You may be right, it could be an allergic reaction. It also sounds similar to a yeast infection, which can be itchy and triggered by stuff like this, and can be triggered by lube. Given that you're still itching, I feel like it may be something more like that. It's less to do with it being a first-time than it is something that can happen whenever we have vaginal sex. And is related to to the acidity/alkalinity of what goes in.

In either case it's a good idea to go ask your doctor gynecologist.

Here's our article on yeast infections: FBI Files: Candidiasis, AKA, Yeast Infections

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen