Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Girlfriend is having trouble orgasming, but just around me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girlfriend is having trouble orgasming, but just around me
Supper800
Neophyte
Member # 108364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supper800     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Ive been dating this girl for almost 11 months now, and we love each other very much. we both feel very comfortable with each other and can easily talk to each other about our sexual desires and problems.
Now, we haven't had sex yet, but we have done just about everything else. However, whenever I touch her or anything she can't orgasm. In fact, when she touches herself around me she can't orgasm. She says she can perfectly fine on her own at home, but with me just being around she says she keeps getting close but can't get there. She says shes completely comfortable, but I dont know if theres some hidden anxiety. I just don't know what to do and it's starting to cause serious problems for her and is making her feel extremely sad. If it's important, she started some anti-depressant medication a few weeks ago.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards, Supper800. [Smile]

By all means, both depression AND anti-depressants can have sexual side effects. As well, it's not unusual for people to sometimes have troubles reaching orgasm, from any kind of sexual contact, with partners, but do fine on their own.

Can I ask why not reaching orgasm has her so upset if she and you are otherwise enjoying yourselves?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supper800
Neophyte
Member # 108364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supper800     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She mainly just gets really frustrated and thinks that there is something is wrong. I just don't know what to tell her
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried telling her that what matters most is not if she orgasms or not, but if she is enjoying herself?

If she is concerned she is having sexual side effects from her medication, has she also brought this up with her prescribing physician?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supper800
Neophyte
Member # 108364

I have, but she still gets frustrated, a few times to the point of tears. And no, we haven't really thought about it, I'll talk to her about talking to the physician.
Heather
Member # 3

Have you two talked about maybe taking a break from sexual activity?

In other words, it sounds like she's having a very hard time with this, and is also probably starting to come to any kind of sex every time now already frustrated with herself, and already very emotionally loaded, and not in the good way.

In other words, taking the pressure off here for a bit might be a great idea, especially since the very biggest impediment not just to orgasm, but, and more importantly, to pleasure with any kind of sex, is coming to it with the aim of a certain product -- like orgasm -- rather than coming to it as something to experience as a process, without any kind of goal per an outcome beyond just seeing what happens.

Know what I mean?

(Alternately, or in line with this, does she know about this site and space? You could certainly suggest it to her if it was something she herself wanted to talk about with someone besides you.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Supper800
Neophyte
Member # 108364

Those are great suggestions and I think I will try them all! Thank you so much!
Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.