Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Concerned about pregnancy risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerned about pregnancy risk
Wanderlust45
Neophyte
Member # 108358

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Wanderlust45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scarleteen,

I have read all your articles are pregnancy and you mention fingering is not a possible way to get pregnant. What you don't mention is if there is any amount of sperm on the finger.

On the last day of my period my boyfriend was grinding up against me (we were both fully clothed) and he came. Later, about 10 minutes I felt his stomach with my fingers and it was wet. 2-5 minutes afterwards my hands were 'sticky' and I went upstairs to pee. Up there I felt how wet I was and I put the tip of my finger into my vaginal canal before I quickly remembered what was on my finger (although they felt dry).

A week later we went to the drive in theatre and he was messing with my boobs. He twisted my nipples a few times (hard) and the next day they began to hurt for about a week. It felt like they were bruised but I wasn't sure if it was because of him, ovulation or pregnancy symptoms. After a week they stopped being sore and my breast tissue began to ache (which usually happens before my period) they've been hurting for a week and I'm due any day now but so far no sign of a period. (My stomach occasionally has hurt but I wouldn't call this 'cramping'.)

In between this week and the last we had dry sex, and I finished him with a hand job. We were clothed the entire time (I had jean shorts on) but I noticed a wet spot right where my vaginal opening would be on my jeans. I can't decide if it was him or my own fluids although he says it was me.

I'm on my 29th day of my cycle so I'm getting nervous. Sorry if this post makes you roll your eyes. Yes, I have googled things. Yahoo! Answers can scare a woman. I also am prone to paranoia and anxiety.

So, should I worry? Or will my period be here?

Posts: 8 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards. [Smile]

What you'll want to look at for this is in the sections that address manual sex, and then, if someone had semen on their hands while putting them on your vulva or inside your vagina, the section that talks about fluid sharing.

However, it sounds like what was probably on your finger here, given you were both dressed and you were only touching his stomach, was sweat, not semen.

By all means, twisting the nipples will tend to hurt, and soreness can ensure. But breast changes due to a pregnancy are not going to occur when, had you become pregnant from the incident a week before, you'd have been pregnant, given how long it takes for that to happen, for maybe one day. Breast changes usually aren't something that occur until a bit later on in a pregnancy, not in very early pregnancy.

As those articles likely told you, I'm also not hearing any cause for concern here per a real risk of pregnancy. And since you know you are prone to anxiety, I'd do what you can top manage that, certainly including avoiding sites like Yahoo Answers, which, as you know, are only likely to freak you out.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68063 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wanderlust45
Neophyte
Member # 108358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanderlust45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for getting back to me so soon.
We didnt work very hard or very long at the grinding + my hands were sticky that's why I'm concerned.

It's good to know my breast soreness isn't pregnancy related.

How many days from now should I consider myself "late/missed"?

Posts: 8 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A "late" period is generally considered to be one that doesn't arrive by around five days after the latest you'd expect it.

A "missed" period is a period someone just doesn't get for a whole cycle.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68063 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wanderlust45
Neophyte
Member # 108358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanderlust45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I'll try not to freak out. To clarify, you're saying there is no risk here?
Heather
Member # 3

I'm not seeing one, no.

But I am hearing that you're pretty freaked, so it might be sound to check in about how you have felt about all of this? In other words, have you felt okay about all the sexual exchanges you have been having, like they're happening at a pace that's good for you, negotiated between you in ways you feel good about, and that you're able to say no to things you feel too worried about or don't like?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Wanderlust45
Neophyte
Member # 108358

We have discussed stopping sexual activity altogether (besides kissing) because of the anxiety I'm experiencing (which could delay my period making me even MORE upset.) I feel like as soon as I get my period I can step back and look at the situation more clearly. From what you've said it sounds like I should get it and be fine.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.