Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Need help with understanding 'Pregnancy Scared'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with understanding 'Pregnancy Scared'
Carmine_21
Neophyte
Member # 107651

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Carmine_21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good day!(: Yesterday i was having manual sex with my boyfriend and he fingered me. I was on my ovulation date yesterday too. So i decided to come to scarleteen and read pregnancy scared. There is this sentence "There was not direct genital-to-genital sex or contact, but someone with a penis DID ejaculate inside a vagina or directly on or very near a vulva (like on or around the anus)." I have two questions about it. If my boyfriend had his fingered with precum and fingered me, is it possible? I know its not direct, but im not sure whether it is possible. Thank you so much for your help, it means a lot to me! [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Singapore | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
e
HI Carmine_21 and welcome to the Scarleteen message boards,

You might find this article useful in helping you clarify which activities are risks and which are not.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Let me assure you that if something posed a pregnancy risk, we would make that clear.

So, if we did not include fingering with pre-ejaculate in the list of how someone *can* get pregnant, what does that tell you?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmine_21
Neophyte
Member # 107651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmine_21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It states "SEMEN OR VAGINAL FLUID SHARING
Tasting or ingesting pre-ejaculate, semen and/or vaginal fluids; direct genital or oral contact with fluids.
Level of pregnancy risk: No risk if sharing is only oral, high risk if sharing is genital and involves contact between semen and the vulva"

Uhm, what do you mean by 'if sharing is genital and involves contact between semen and vulva.' Does semen means pre-ejeculate as well? And can it be indirect transfer for example, hands to penis which contains precum to vaginal fingering? im sorry but i don't really understand. I hope you be paitient with me

Posts: 5 | From: Singapore | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For all intents and purposes, what you described initially in your situation does not pertain to any of the circumstances that you are asking about in the resources we've provided you.

Basically, what you experienced with your partner is considered manual sex, or fingering. There is no (read: no) pregnancy risk from manual sex. We've had many, many, many users come to us asking the same question: "I've been fingered, could I be pregnant?" To which we have always replied with what I am telling you now: there is no pregnancy risk from manual sex. We have not had anyone come back telling us we were wrong because they did get pregnant from being fingered.

As for reading our resources, we do try our best to be clear while maintaining the level of reading comprehension for the young adult age group; all that we are basically stating is that there is a very high risk for pregnancy if you and yours engage in unprotected penis-in-vagina sex, which not only involves direct genital contact, but also direct fluid contact (lubricant discharge produced naturally from the vagina that allows for the penis to slide in and move).

Pre-ejaculate is not the same as semen. Semen is in ejaculate, but that doesn't mean that an individual with a penis can't produce other fluids besides ejaculate, which they do. If you look at the word itself, "pre-" stands for "before."

Does this make sense and help? Basically, what you experienced was considered an extremely low risk compared to unprotected sexual intercourse.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmine_21
Neophyte
Member # 107651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmine_21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright thank you very much. Another thing i want to clarify is the cervical mucus. After ovulation, what type of mucus will normally occur? Thanks so much for the help, i really appreciate your replies
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Carmine_21,

Very generally speaking, cervical mucus post-ovulation is opaque cream or whitish color, and drier and stickier.

However, each person is different, and you may potentially experience different patterns in terms of cervical mucus (CM); the best way to find out what your CM cycle is to chart it over a period of time. For more information about how to do that, check out this article (specifically, the section labeled "Fluid Times") below:

Get With the Flow: All About FAM

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmine_21
Neophyte
Member # 107651

Thanks! Oh and, i know this is not possible, but i dont know why it isn't possible. Let's say a girl's pants has a hole in the middle of the legs, the area in front of her vagina. When wearing this pants with hole and sits on semen / humps a guy with only boxers or gets semen on her bottom, why isnt it possible for her to get pregnant? I know i keep asking questions about things like this, im sorry.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carmine_21,

We could talk forever about made-up situations, but I don't think that's useful to you, or to us. Let's get back to the facts, okay? What, based on what you've read in our articles and we've discussed here in this message board thread, do you know to be the ways that someone *can* get pregnant? If any scenario you come up with doesn't fit into the ways that you know a person can get pregnant, then you know pregnancy is unlikely to occur and it's not something you need to worry about.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmine_21
Neophyte
Member # 107651

Okay, thanks for answering! (:
m1531
Activist
Member # 108322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m1531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey carmine_21
Did you get pregnant from that situation of yours..??

[ 08-25-2013, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: m1531 ]

Posts: 88 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey m1531,

As Robin implied to your other post, these are older threads and those users may not be around any more. But indeed they wouldn't get pregnant from situations like these.

If these users are still around however these are questions where somebody has seemed to be anxious about pregnancy which was nigh impossible so I'm thinking that it'd be kind of unhelpful for either of you to have that conversation about pregnancy. Although I understand where you got the urge, it's perhaps more worth focussing on your own fears and risks than others... after all we can't assume too much from what another person describes over the internet.

We never really know the full picture, only the person asking the question ever will.

I hope that helps... Do ask us, perhaps in a new thread, if you need any assistance getting help with whatever you're struggling with.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.