Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy Scared... Going to college in a few days, HELP?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Scared... Going to college in a few days, HELP?
Jennifer0518
Neophyte
Member # 108362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer0518     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My period was July 27th-August 3rd. (It was 12 days late... I'm irregular)

So on the 7th, my boyfriend and I were fooling around. We had dry sex with just underwear on. When we stopped, he had a small wet spot on his underwear but I'm almost positive it was from my own fluids. (I felt him a minute before and he was dry)
He fingered me a little later, and then I gave him a hand job and he ejaculated. I washed my hands right after and didn't touch myself.

I've been paranoid ever since. I just keep doubting myself and thinking that maybe he was a little wet with precum when he was rubbing against me? Or what if there was some precum on me and then he fingered me?

I took a pregnancy test 4 days before my period was due and it said I was negative. I also took another one the morning of my missed period... Also negative. So far, I'm 4 days late :/

The thing is, with my irregular cycle, I don't know if I'm going to be two weeks late again. I'm stressing out. Is there any way I could be pregnant? I don't want to be worrying about this once I'm in college [Frown]

Please help. This is my first time going so far and I'm scared!

Thank you so much!

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards, Jennifer. [Smile]

Have you started by having a look at this, where you'd want to look at the listing for dry sex: clothed?

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer0518
Neophyte
Member # 108362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer0518     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read through that a few times, but I'm slightly worried since I had a thong on
Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Underwear is still being dressed.

And I am hearing you say you have had two negative pregnancy tests, yes? If so, that makes clear you are not pregnant.

What do you think you need at this point to move forward?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer0518
Neophyte
Member # 108362

Okay, you're right. Thank you. I've just read so many things online about taking tests too early and getting false negatives... But I guess I have no reason to worry.

Do you think my period is going to be even more delayed because of stressing about this?

All I need to move forward is my period to come, but my irregular period makes it really hard to take my mind off of this.

Heather
Member # 3

Really, the best thing you can re4ad about tests? Are the instructions. So long as you follow them, including when you take your test, you can be sure they are going to be just as effective as they say they can be.

Stress, or rather, the ways we can change our behaviors with stress, can certainly hold up a period. So, for that reason, and even more so, for your own mental health, I'd suggest you do all you can to manage this stress and just take some extra care of yourself right now, okay?

If the kind of sex you had freaked you out, it might also help to talk to your partner about that, both for emotional support, but also to check in about what you really do and don't feel okay about doing from here on out.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Jennifer0518
Neophyte
Member # 108362

Thank you so much [Smile] We'll definitely have a talk, and I'll think about going on birth control for when I come home from school to see him.

I'm going to take my mind off of this, and hopefully my period will come soon.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.